If you have dump trucks or run a dump truck business, there’s a lot that you have to juggle. One aspect of your business that might have you feeling a little overwhelmed is the dump truck insurance part of things. You probably have quite a few questions about the insurance you need for your business. We’re going to answer four frequently asked questions about dump truck insurance so you have a place to start when considering dump truck insurance.
What you need to know about dump truck insurance.
1. What insurance coverage do I need for a dump truck?
It’s important to make sure that you have the coverage you need for your dump trucks. The following are some coverages that you may want to consider for your vehicles (although they’re not the only ones you might want to consider):
- Auto liability insurance – Liability insurance can help you cover your legal obligation to other drivers if you’re at-fault in an accident. It can also help cover legal expenses if the other driver sues.
- Bodily injury liability – Bodily injury liability can help cover the medical expenses and pain and suffering of other driver and their passengers.
- Property damage liability – Property damage liability can help repair or replace the other driver’s vehicle (or other property) that you damage in an accident.
- Physical damage insurance – This coverage can help you get your dump truck back on the road ASAP if it’s damaged. Your liability insurance will not help you repair or replace your dump truck if something happens to it.
- Collision coverage – Collision coverage can help you repair or replace your dump truck if it’s damaged in an accident or by another collision.
- Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive coverage can help you repair or replace your dump truck if it’s damaged by something other than an accident. It covers losses such as fire, theft, falling objects (like trees), animal strikes, and vandalism.
- Truckers’ general liability – Trucker’s general liability helps cover claims of bodily injury or property damage that happen because of the services your business provides or the day-to-day operation of your business.
- Rental reimbursement – This coverage can help you get a rental vehicle if you’re in an accident and your truck is in the shop so you don’t have to stop working.
2. What affects the cost of dump truck insurance?
There are many things that can affect your dump truck insurance. Insurance companies look at many different details about your business when they’re setting rates because it gives them an idea of how risky you would be to insure. If you present more risk to the insurance company, your rates will probably be higher.
The following can affect the cost of dump truck insurance:
- Your location
- Your drivers and their MVRs
- Speeding tickets/accidents
- Your radius
- The vehicle itself (Year, make, model)
- The number of trucks in your fleet
- How long your business has existed
3. How can I save money on dump truck insurance?
You’re also probably wondering if there are ways to save money on dump truck insurance. We have some tips to help you manage your dump truck insurance rates. You’ll notice that many of these tips are related to emphasizing safety at your business, which can help you avoid accidents and prevent claims (and thus help you lower your rates.)
- Have workplace safety policies.
- Conduct regular safety meetings.
- Consider raising your deductible if you’re able to do so.
- Don’t forget to ask about insurance discounts.
- Have a thorough hiring process and be sure to hire safe drivers.
- Maintain your dump trucks properly.
- Have a pre-trip vehicle inspection process.
- Get multiple quotes for dump truck insurance.
4. How do I get quotes for dump truck insurance?
Okay, so now the main question that you have is how to get quotes for dump truck insurance. Our team can help you get multiple quotes so that you can compare coverages and pricing. Here’s how that process works:
- You fill out our online quote form or give us a call.
- Our agents can get some information about your business.
- We go shopping and get your insurance quotes.
- We give you your quotes and go over your options with you.
- We’re here to help with any insurance questions or issues that arise.
So, those are a few frequently asked questions about dump truck insurance. If you have a dump truck business, you might be wondering what coverages you need and how to get a great rate for great truck insurance. That’s where we can help. Our agents can help you get multiple quotes for dump truck insurance – and all you have to do to get started is fill out our online form or give us a call today.