Restaurant insurance can help cover you from a lot of things, but it can’t protect you from complaints about bad service
We have recently discussed how 80% of all restaurants will close within 5 years. Your customers will only be faithful as long as you can provide:
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent products
- Excellent experiences
Business trainer Jeffrey Gitomer tells us, “Your customers are judging every aspect of every transaction and rating everything, from the friendliness of people to the ease of doing business, to the quality of product to service after the sale.” If you miss just one of these, it could result in negative reviews on Google, Urban Spoon, or Yelp.
Negative reviews can be the death knell to a restaurant. In this article, we will talk about the importance of providing excellent service to your patrons. Sadly, many restaurants that serve excellent food are destroyed simply by bad customer service.
Here are 19 more famous quotes to help your team laser-focus on service:
- Although a great restaurant experience must include great food, a bad restaurant experience can be achieved through bad service alone. Ideally, service is invisible. You notice it only when something goes wrong. ― Dana Spiotta
- I’m working harder than ever now, and I’m putting on my pants the same as I always have. I just get up every day and try to do a little better than the day before, and that is to run a great restaurant with great food, great wine, and great service. That’s my philosophy.― Emeril Lagasse
- Although the skills aren’t hard to learn, finding the happiness and finding the satisfaction and finding fulfillment in continuously serving somebody else something good to eat, is what makes a really good restaurant. ― Mario Batali
- Profit is not the legitimate purpose of business. The legitimate purpose of business is to provide a product or service that people need and do it so well that it’s profitable. ― James Rouse
- “When you are able to shift your inner awareness to how you can serve others, and when you make this the central focus of your life, you will then be in a position to know true miracles in your progress toward prosperity.” ― Wayne W. Dyer
- The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others. ― Mahatma Gandhi
- To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. ― Douglas Adams
- The sole purpose of business is service. The sole purpose of advertising is explaining the service which business renders. ― Leo Burnett
- Earn your success based on service to others, not at the expense of others. ― H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- Always render more and better service than is expected of you, no matter what your task may be. ― Og Mandino
- Service which is rendered without joy helps neither the servant nor the served. But all other pleasures and possessions pale into nothingness before service which is rendered in a spirit of joy. ― Mahatma Gandhi
- Joy can only be real if people look upon their life as a service and have a definite object in life outside themselves and their personal happiness.― Leo Tolstoy
- The path to your own happiness is usually found in service.― Jonathan Lockwood Huie
- .. consists in giving, and in serving others. ― Henry Drummond
- A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity.― The Buddha
- “Men are rich only as they give. He who gives great service gets great rewards.”― Elbert Hubbard
- The customer experience is the next competitive battleground. – Jerry Gregoire
- We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It’s our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better. – Jeff Bezos
- Here is a simple but powerful rule: always give people more than what they expect to get. – Nelson Boswell
What will you do with this information?
Here is an idea: Why not print out these great restaurant quotes and put these on the walls of your restaurant in the employee areas? There are lawsuits brought against restaurants for bad service based on racism every year. This is the way to protect your business and its reputation without having to rely on your restaurant insurance. (But don’t get us wrong – restaurant insurance is still crucial. And we’d love to help you save money on your premiums by helping you get restaurant insurance quotes.)
Here are some customer service based lessons you can start applying today:
- PREACH service with a smile to your staff.
- HIRE happy smiling people.
- REWARD good reviews of your staff.
- ENCOURAGE a self-sacrificing spirit in your employees.
- INCLUDE excellent customer service in your mission statement and company vision.
- LEAD by example.
Don’t be a statistic. Customer service is key. Remember these restaurant quotes and remember what Henry Ford said: “A business absolutely devoted to service will have only one worry about profits. They will be embarrassingly large.”
So, here’s a cheer to your success and we wish you all the best.
Are you in need of restaurant insurance to protect your business? We would be happy to help with that. We can help you shop for the right insurance to cover your restaurant and protect you from financial loss. All you have to do to get started with your restaurant insurance quotes is fill out our online form or give us a call today.