What is an annual business checkup and why you should be getting one?
Please don’t mistake buying business insurance as a one time event. Instead, it should be an annual event just like going to the doctor. Really.
Your annual doctor visit habits can predict the health of your business
Question: When was the last time you went to the doctor for a checkup?
Doctors suggest getting an annual checkup each and every year.
- As you get older your body changes.
- You go through life changes.
- You deal with stress everyday.
- Your lack of exercise and poor eating habits take their toll.
- Your medications may have side effects including adversely affecting your kidneys.
What does this have to do with your business?
Probably a lot more than you realize! If you are the type of person that doesn’t proactively take care of and maintain their health, then the odds are that you aren’t doing it for your business either. Taking preventive measures are the key to a successful and healthy business.
This is why we recommend an annual business insurance checkup. As your business grows, so do your liabilities. Do you know anyone that wants to be surprised by a heart attack? Of course not! The same goes for your business. No one wants to be caught unprepared when a disaster strikes. No one wants to get caught by a lawsuit.
The answer: An annual business insurance checkup will uncover any potential problems or areas that leave yourself and your business vulnerable.
Here are a few questions that your broker may ask you during your annual commercial insurance review:
- Have you purchased or replaced any equipment this past year?
- Have you expanded operations this past year?
- Have you bought out any of your competition?
- Have you opened a new location this year?
- Has your payroll gone up or have you hired any new employees this year?
- Have you had any lawsuits or potential lawsuits against your company this year?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, then contact your insurance broker to discuss changes in your business and how they affect your coverage. Doctor visits save lives & annual commercial insurance checkups save businesses and jobs. Why not contact the professionals at insurancehub.com today to set up your free business insurance checkup today.