Buying a home in Texas & need cheap San Benito home insurance quotes?
We can help.
InsuranceHub provides FREE San Benito home insurance quotes for the “The Resaca City”
But, before we talk insurance, did you know these little-known facts about this city?
San Benito is a city in Cameron County, Texas, with a population of 24,496 as of 2015 and on April 3, 2007, it celebrated the 100th anniversary of its naming.
- It was at first named “Diaz” in honor of Porfirio Díaz, president of Mexico at that time
- Later on it was changed to “San Benito” in honor of “Saint” Benjamin Hicks, a beloved pioneer rancher with a charitable personality
- On October 25, 1975, Freddy Fender saluted his hometown of San Benito on the TV show Hee Haw
- It is part of the Brownsville–Harlingen–Raymondville and the Matamoros–Brownsville metro areas
- The median household income here was $24,027, and the median family income was $26,415
- It has become a hot spot for winter tourists and retired people because of its mild winters
When you visit San Benito Tx you will clearly see why it is nicknamed the “The Resaca City:” You can’t help but notice the Resaca de los Fresnos, a 400-foot wide main canal of a large irrigation system, that flows through the city.
Here’s what it takes to get affordable San Benito home insurance quotes:
You need to know the average home values. The most recent estimates report that the average home value in San Benito, Tx is $58,700. And, as of 2010, there were 9,120 housing units in the area.
So, how much will it cost to protect your own home?
That will depend on quite a few determining factors:
How much does your home cost? Did you know that the typical home here runs about $58,700? How does your the price of your house compare?
How much would it cost to rebuild your house? What is your home constructed from?
What are the crime statistics for my neighborhood? There is a crime rate of 43.25 crimes per one thousand residents here. This is higher than the national average rate, so your chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is 1 in 24. Areavibes.com tells us that the rate for property crime is 38.48 per one thousand population which includes motor vehicle theft, arson, larceny, and burglary.
What San Benito zip code do you live in?
What weather conditions pose a threat?
- San Benito has a moderate risk for tornadoes. It averages about 1 tornado a year.
- It is in a very high-risk hurricane zone. Seven hurricanes within 150 miles have been recorded since the year 2000. The most recent hurricane was Don in 2011.
- Heavy rains can cause flooding from the levee elevated ditches in the flood plain areas.
- It has a very low earthquake risk, with a total of zero earthquakes since 1931.
Get started with the San Benito home insurance form below or pick up the phone to talk to one of our specialists at (877) 341-5728
How close is your home to a fire department? A fire can destroy your home in moments. Every second counts after you call 911, doesn’t it? Now you can see why insurance carriers give you better rates the closer you are!
Thankfully there are 2 fire stations in the greater metro area. You can Google them to find out how close you will be.
How can InsuranceHub save you on your home insurance quotes?
Our agents are trained to seek out every possible discount available to you. We also have access to a database of all the top insurance carriers in the country, such as:
- Many more
By starting the San Benito home insurance quote form or by calling our agents, you will have the opportunity to speak to a homeowners insurance specialist that will help you to get the best rates possible for your home. They will ask you a few simple questions to help you to get every possible home insurance discount available to you.
PRO TIP: Save up to 25% by combining your auto & home policies. This means you get the best insurance coverage value at the best price.
Top employers in San Benito, Texas:
- The San Benito Consolidated Independent School District
- City of San Benito
- CSL Plasma
- CSL Behring
Check out these things to do & see in San Benito:
- San Benito Public Library
- Movies at The Park
- Heavin Resaca Trail
- H. Heavin Amphitheater and Memorial Park
- Falligant Park
- Landrum Park
- Valencia Park
- Dick Welch Park
- Heavin Resaca Trails
- Freddy Fender Museum
- Texas Conjunto Music Hall of Fame & Museum
- Narcisco Martinez Cultural Arts Center
- San Benito History Museum
If you have made “The Resaca City” your home, then contact our team of agents today for an affordable home insurance quote in San Benito today.