Looking to buy a home & need Memphis home insurance quotes?
InsuranceHub is here to help.
We provide FREE Memphis home insurance quotes for all those who live in the “Birthplace of Rock and Roll.”
Before we talk insurance, did you know these facts about Memphis?
- Memphis is the county seat of Shelby County, Tennessee and had a population of 655,770 as of 2015
- It is the largest city in the state of Tennessee
- It is the largest city on the Mississippi River
- It was founded in 1819
- During the Yellow Fever Epidemic of 1878, one out of 8 people died in this city within 4 months
- Martin Luther King was assassinated here at the Lorraine Motel on April 4, 1968, the day after giving his prophetic I’ve Been to the Mountaintop speech
- In 2012, the magazine Travel + Leisure ranked Memphis among the top ten “America’s Dirtiest City”
- In 2013 Forbes magazine ranked it as one of the top 15 cities in the United States with an “emerging downtown” area
- It has been referred to as: The Bluff City, The River City, Blues City, The M, MEM, and The BBQ Capital of the World!
When you visit Memphis Tn you will clearly see why it is nicknamed the “Birthplace of Rock and Roll.” Many famous musicians grew up in and around Memphis and including Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Muddy Waters, Carl Perkins, Johnny Cash, Robert Johnson, W. C. Handy, B.B. King, Isaac Hayes, Booker T. Jones, and Al Green.
Getting home insurance quotes in Memphis comes down to factors like these:
Do you know the average property values for Memphis? The most recent estimates report that the average home value in your area is $95,400. What will it take to protect your home? Let’s figure it out together, shall we?
How much will it cost to protect your home?
That will depend on quite a few determining factors. Here are a few:
How much does your home cost? The average home in this city is about $95,400. How do you think your house compares to this?
How much would it cost to rebuild your house? Every house is different. Your agent will help you to calculate this value.
What are the crime statistics for your neighborhood? There is a crime rate of 73.71 crimes per one people here. This is 158% higher than the national average rate. The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is 1 in 14. Areavibes.com tells us that the rate for property crime is 56.31 per one thousand population which includes motor vehicle theft, arson, larceny, and burglary.
What zip code area do you live in?
37501, 37544, 38105, 38106, 38101, 38103, 38104, 38107, 38108, 38109, 38113, 38114, 38111, 38112, 38115, 38118, 38119, 38120, 38125, 38128, 38133, 38135, 38116, 38117, 38122, 38124, 38126, 38127, 38130, 38131, 38132, 38134, 38136, 38137, 38141, 38145, 38147, 38151, 38157, 38159, 38161, 38167, 38168, 38175, 38177, 38181, 38184, 38186, 38190, 38193, 38194, 38148, 38150, 38152, 38163, 38166, 38173, 38174, 38182, 38187, 38188, 38197
Get started with the Memphis home insurance form below or pick up the phone to talk to one of our specialists at (877) 341-5728
What weather conditions pose a threat?
- Memphis has a high risk for tornadoes. It averages about 2 tornadoes a year.
- It is in a low-risk hurricane zone. Four hurricanes within 150 miles have been recorded since the year 2000. The most recent hurricane was Rita in 2005.
- Heavy rains can cause flooding from the Mississippi River in the flood plains.
- It has a moderate earthquake risk, with a total of four earthquakes since 1931.
How close is your home to a fire department? Since a fire can destroy your home in mere moments, doesn’t it make sense that the closer you are to a fire house the safer your home would be? Thankfully, Memphis has 57 fire and emergency stations. You can Google them to find out how close you will be.
How can InsuranceHub save you on your home insurance quotes?
Our agents are trained to seek out every possible discount available to you. We also have access to a database of all the top insurance carriers in the country, such as:
- Many more
By starting the Memphis home insurance quote form or by calling our agents, you will have the opportunity to speak to a homeowners insurance specialist that will help you to get the best rates possible for your home. They will ask you a few simple questions to help you to get every possible home insurance discount available to you.
PRO TIP: Save up to 25% by combining your auto & home policies. This means you get the best insurance coverage value at the best price.
Relocating to Memphis? Top area employers:
- Memphis International Airport
- FedEx Express
- International Paper
- Allenberg Cotton
- American Residential Services
- Caldwell & Berkowitz
- Cargill Cotton
- City Gear
- First Horizon National Corporation
- Evergreen Packaging
- Kruger Products
- Gibson guitars
This to do & see in Memphis:
- Beale Street
- National Civil Rights Museum
- The Lorraine Motel
- The Memphis Riverfront
- Meeman-Shelby Forest State Park
- River Walk
- Memphis in May
- Beale Street Music Festival
- The World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest
- Indie Memphis Film Festival
- Dixon Gallery and Gardens
- Pinkney Herbert’s Marshall Arts gallery
- Brooks Museum of Art
- Belz Museum of Asian and Judaic Art
- Dixon Gallery and Gardens
- Children’s Museum of Memphis
- Pink Palace
- Memphis Walk of Fame
- Mud Island River Park
- Victorian Village
- Cotton Museum
- Stax Museum
- Chucalissa Indian Village
- Memphis Zoo
If you have made “Birthplace of Rock and Roll” your home, then contact our team for an affordable home insurnace quote in Memphis today.