Buying a home in Harrison County, Texas & need cheap Marshall home insurance quotes?
We can help you save money.
InsuraceHub provides FREE Marshall home insurance quotes for home of the “Wonderland of Lights”
Interesting facts about your city:
- Marshall is the county seat of Harrison County, Texas with a population of 23,820 as of 2015
- The city was founded in 1841 as the seat of Harrison County
- It was the first city in Texas to have a telegraph service
- It became a major supply depot and manufacturer of gunpowder for the Confederate Army
- It is the self-proclaimed Pottery Capital of the World, for its large pottery industry that dates back to 1895
- Civil rights leaders, Martin Luther King Jr. and Jesse Jackson both attended Bishop College here in this city
- All of the colleges, seminaries, teaching colleges, and incipient universities, have earned Marshall the nickname the “Athens of Texas”
- On May 13, 2010, the Marshall City Commission passed an ordinance declaring Marshall to be “the Birthplace of Boogie Woogie based on the research of musicologist, Dr. John Tennison
- The city is known for holding one of the largest light festivals in the USA, the Wonderland of Lights drawing upwards of 200,000 annually
Getting cheap home insurance quotes in Marshall, Texas comes down to factors like these:
Did you know that the average home value in Marshall is $84,300? How much will your home cost to protect? Every home is different. So, here are a few questions your agent will be asking you:
How much does your home cost? The average home here is about $84,300. How much is your house worth?
How much would it cost to rebuild your house? That will depend on the construction of your home.
What are the crime statistics for your neighborhood? With a crime rate of 40.95 crimes per one thousand residents, it is 43% higher than the national average rate. The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Marshall is 1 in 25. Areavibes.com tells us that the rate for property crime is 35.59 per one thousand population which includes motor vehicle theft, arson, larceny, and burglary.
What Marshall zip code do you live in?
What weather conditions pose a threat?
- Marshall has a very high risk for tornadoes. It averages about 3 tornadoes a year.
- It is in a moderate risk hurricane zone. Five hurricanes within 150 miles have been recorded since the year 2000. The most recent hurricane was Isaac in 2012.
- Heavy rains can cause flooding in the flood plains.
- Marshall, Texas has a very low earthquake risk, with a total of one earthquake since 1931.
Get started with the form below or pick up the phone to talk to one of our specialists at (877) 341-5728
How close is your home to a fire department? Did you know that Marshall has 5 fire stations in the greater metropolitan area? You can Google them to find out how close you will be. The closer you are the safer your home will be.
How can InsuranceHub save you on your home insurance quotes?
Our agents are trained to seek out every possible discount available to you. We also have access to a database of all the top insurance carriers in the country, such as:
- Many more
By starting the Marshall home insurance quote form or by calling our agents, you will have the opportunity to speak to a homeowners insurance specialist that will help you to get the best rates possible for your home. They will ask you a few simple questions to help you to get every possible home insurance discount available to you. They will also explain how you can save up to 25% by combining your auto policy. This means you get the best insurance coverage value at the best price.
Some of the top employers in Marshall, Texas:
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Trinity Industries
- Good Shepherd Medical Center – Marshall
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
- Fowler Transportation
- Neiman Marcus National Service Center
- Celebrating Home
- General Cable
- Stemco Inc.
- Republic Industries
- Sabine Mining Co.
- Norit Industries/Cabot
- Master WoodCraft Cabinetry
- C&J Energy Services
- C&C Oilfield Services, LLC
- Marshall Pottery
- BP America
Be sure to check out these things to do and see in the area:
- Ginocchio/Harrison County Historical Museum
- Starr Family Home State Historic Site
- Old Harrison County Courthouse
- Texas & Pacific Railway Museum
- Michelson Museum of Art
- Harrison County Historical Museum
- Wiley College
- Karma Farms
- East Texas Baptist University
- the Fire Ant Festival
If you have made the home of the Wonderland of Lights your own home, then contact our insurance agents today for an affordable home insurance quote in Marshall, Texas.