How do I get cheap homeowners insurance in Winston-Salem?
If you’re searching for cheap homeowners insurance in North Carolina, then InsuranceHub can help!
FREE Winston-Salem home insurance quotes for the “City of Arts & Innovation”
Did you know these facts about Winston-Salem?
- Winston-Salem is the county seat of Forsyth County, NC with an estimated population of 241,218 as of 2015
- It is the fifth largest city in the state
- It is called the “Twin City” because it is a union of two cities Winston and Salem
- The origin of the town of Salem goes back to 1753 when it was called “die Wachau”
- It was established as Salem on January 6, 1766
- The name Salem comes from the word “Shalom,” which means “Peace”
- In 1851, the town of Winston was named for a local hero of the Revolutionary War, Joseph Winston
- In 1913 the two towns were officially incorporated as “Winston-Salem” in 1913
- The R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company, which produces the cigarette brands “Winston” and “Salem” which were named after these cities
- It has also been called the “Camel City” because of the city’s historic involvement in the tobacco industry
- It has chosen the motto: “Urbs Condita Adiuvando,” which is latin for “a city founded on cooperation”
- Did you know that in 2012, CBS MoneyWatch listed it among the 10 best places to retire in the U.S.?
When you visit Winston-Salem NC you will clearly see why it is nicknamed the “City of Arts & Innovation.” This city is home to the first arts council in the United States, which was started in 1949 due to the local art schools and attractions here. Some of these include: University of North Carolina School of the Arts, Winston-Salem Theatre Alliance, the Piedmont Opera Theater, the Stevens Center for the Performing Arts, Sawtooth Center for Visual Arts. the Milton Rhodes Center for the Arts, Twin City Stage, the Winston-Salem Symphony, & the Hanesbrands Theater.
Let’s Talk About Cheap Home Insurance In Winston-Salem NC
Winston-Salem has an average home value of $139,700 as of 2016. But what it will cost to insure your home? Here are a couple of the questions your agent will ask you:
How much does your house cost? How does your home’s value compare to the average home value of $139,700 here?
How much would it cost to rebuild your house? Just suppose you had a fire that burned your house down to its concrete foundation. Your agent will help you to figure out what it would cost to rebuild it from scratch.
What are the crime statistics for my neighborhood? As of 2016, there is a crime rate of 44.36 crimes per one thousand people here. This is 55% higher than the national average rate. This means that you have a 1 in 23 chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here. Areavibes.com tells us that the rate for property crime is 39.39 per one thousand population which includes motor vehicle theft, arson, larceny, and burglary.
This means that your homeowner’s rates will be impacted by the zip code you live in.
We offer quotes in the following zip code areas:
27103, 27105, 27107, 27101, 27102, 27104, 27106, 27108, 27109, 27111, 27113, 27114, 27117, 27120, 27127, 27152, 27155, 27110, 27115, 27116, 27130, 27150, 27157, 27198, 27199.
Get the cheapest homeowners insurance in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
What weather conditions pose a threat?
- Winston-Salem has a high risk for tornadoes. It averages about 1 tornado a year.
- It lies in a very low-risk hurricane zone. Five hurricanes within 150 miles have been recorded since the year 2000. The most recent hurricane was Cindy in 2005.
- During the rainy spring season, there can be flooding in the flood plains.
- It has a very low earthquake risk, with a total of 6 earthquakes since 1931.
How close is your home to a fire department? It only makes sense that the closer you are to a fire house the faster the fire trucks can get there to save your home. That is why your insurance company will give you a discount the closer you live to one.
Did you know that there were 24 fire and emergency stations scattered throughout the greater metropolitan area? You can Google them to find out how close you will be.
How can InsuranceHub save you money on your homeowner rates?
Our agents know the tricks of the trade to save you money on your rates. After all, InsuranceHub has been in business since 1985, which means you benefit from all of that experience when you complete our quote form or call for a free quote.
Your agent will help you to get all of the necessary liability, fire and dwelling coverage for your home. Next, they will help you identify every discount available to you to help lower your rates. For example, did you know that you can save up to 25% by combining your home & auto policy?
Finally, our agents will shop your home rates among many of the top insurance carriers in the country. We’re talking about insurance companies like:
And those are just a few of our go-to carriers. So, why not give us a try? It is simple and easy.
Relocating to Winston-Salem? Here are some of the top employers in the area:
- Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
- Novant Health
- Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools
- Reynolds American, Inc.
- Wells Fargo
- Hanesbrands Inc.
- Wake Forest University
- Lowe’s Foods
Things to do & see in Winston-Salem:
- Bethabara Historic District
- Old Salem
- Bethabara Park
- God’s Acre
- BB&T Ballpark
- Museum of Early Southern Decorative Arts
- Reynolda Gardens
- The Wake Forest University Museum of Anthropology
- Children’s Museum of Winston-Salem
- Piedmont Opera Theater
- Winston-Salem Symphony
- Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art
- Reynolda House Museum of American Art
- National Black Theatre Festival
- RiverRun International Film Festival
- Reynolda Film Festival.
- Heavy Rebel Weekender music festival
If you have made the “City of Arts & Innovation” your hometown, then give InsuranceHub a quick call for a cheap homeowners quote in Winston-Salem today.