Where can I get cheap Decatur home insurance?
Need cheap homeowners insurance in Alabama? InsuranceHub is here to help!
We provide FREE Decatur home insurance quotes for the “The River City”
But, before we talk insurance, did you know these facts about Decatur?
- Decatur is a city in Morgan and Limestone counties in Alabama
- It is the county seat and largest city of Morgan County with a population of 55,437 as of 2015
- It was originally known as “Rhodes Ferry Landing”
- It was named for Dr. Henry W. Rhodes, who operated a ferry that crossed the Tennessee River in the early 1810s
- It was renamed Decatur and incorporated in 1821
- President Monroe directed it be renamed in honor of Stephen Decatur who was killed in a duel in 1820
- It is home to Alabama’s oldest opera house, the Cotaco Opera House
- It is home to the first wave pool in the US & is still in use at the Point Mallard Aquatic Center
- It is also home to the oldest bank building in the State of Alabama, “The Old State Bank”
- It has the motto: “A Grand City on a Charming Scale”
When you visit Decatur, you will clearly see why it is nicknamed the “The River City.” You will enjoy the view of the banks of Wheeler Lake along the Tennessee River.
We provide free quotes to the following neighborhoods:
- Downtown Decatur
- East Acres
- Old Decatur
- Bank Street & Second Avenue
- Burleson Mountain
- Burningtree Mountain
- Cedar Lake
- Hickory Hills
- Indian Hills
- Point Mallard Estates
- Autumn Ridge
- Cedar Ridge
- Chapel Hill
- Chula Vista
- Deerfoot Estates
- Dogwood Estates
- Griffin Addition
- Longleaf Estates
- Moulton Heights
- Oak Lea
- Russell Village
- West Decatur
Get multiple homeowner insurance quotes if you live in Decatur, Alabama
Review These Questions To Help Get Cheap Home Insurance in Decatur, Alabama:
First of all, there were about 24,538 housing units as of 2010 here. The average home value of these was $125,500 as of 2016. So, how much will your home cost to protect? That will depend on quite a few determining factors, like the following:
How much does your home cost? The average in this city is about $125,500. How does your home compare to this price?
How much would it cost to rebuild your home? Tell your agent about all of the upgrades that your home may have.
What are your neighborhood’s crime statistics? As of 2016, there was a crime rate of 45.56 crimes per one thousand people here. This makes it 59% higher than the national average rate. This means that you have a 1 in 22 chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here.
Areavibes.com tells us that the rate for property crime is 42.64 per one thousand population which includes motor vehicle theft, arson, larceny, and burglary.
Your zip code is also a determining factor in calculating your rates.
We provide free quotes for the following Decatur zip codes: 3560, 35602, 35603, 35609 & 35699
What weather conditions pose a threat?
Occasionally, severe thunderstorms occur in the spring and fall months, which can produce damaging winds, large hail, lightning and very heavy rain.
- There is a very high risk for tornadoes here. In fact, it averages about 3 tornadoes a year.
- There is a very low-risk hurricane zone here. Seven hurricanes within 150 miles have been recorded since the year 2000. The most recent hurricane was Lee in 2011. Tropical storms and Hurricanes lose intensity as they hit this area but do bring heavy rains.
- The Tennessee River and the Flint Creek can overflow and can cause flooding during the heavy rain season.
- It has a very low earthquake risk, with a total of 6 earthquakes since 1931.
How close is your home to the nearest fire station? The fire marshal tells us that fires can spread faster than you could ever imagine. That is why insurance companies give you a discount for living near the local fire house. There are 12 fire stations in this city. We suggest that you Google them to find out how close your home will be.
So, how can InsuranceHub save you on your homeowner rates in Decatur?
After over 30 years in the business, we have developed relationships with many of the top insurance carriers in the country like:
Why not give us a try to see how easy it is to get a half dozen free quotes?
When you call us or complete our online form, your homeowners agent will help you to get the best rates possible for your home. All it takes is answering a few simple questions to help you to get every possible discount available to you. Your agent will also show you the trick to potentially save 25% or more by bundling your auto & homeowners policies.
Here are some of the top employers in the Decatur area:
- General Electric
- Decatur City Schools
- Decatur General Hospital
- Wayne Farms Fresh
- United Launch Alliance
- City of Decatur
- Wayne Farms East/West
- Parkway Medical Center
Things to do & see in Decatur, Alabama:
- Alabama Jubilee
- Decatur City Cemetery
- Delano Park
- Jack Allen Soccer Complex
- Point Mallard Park
- Spirit of America Festival
- Racking Horse World Celebration
- Wilson Morgan Park
- The Spirit of America Festival
If you live in “The River City,” then contact us for a cheap homeowners quote in Decatur right now.