How do I get cheap Wilmington home insurance?
If you’re looking for cheap homeowners insurance in North Carolina, InsuranceHub can help!
We provide FREE Wilmington home insurance quotes.
There’s lots to learn about Wilmington, North Carolina. For example, did you know that…
- Wilmington is the county seat of New Hanover County in North Carolina with a population of 115,933 as of 2015?
- It is a port city on the southeastern coast of NC?
- It has a one-mile-long Riverwalk in the downtown historic area?
- In 2014 Wilmington’s riverfront was named the “Best American Riverfront” by USA Today?
- The National Trust for Historic Preservation named Wilmington, North Carolina, as one of its 2008 Dozen Distinctive Destinations?
- It was designated by the US Congress as a “Coast Guard City” back in 2003?
- The USS North Carolina, a WWII battleship, is now a war memorial that is open to public tours?
- In September 1732, a community was founded here called New Carthage, but later it received the names New Liverpool, New Town, and Newton?
- It was finally was incorporated in 1739 or 1740 with the new name of Wilmington?
- It was named in honor of Spencer Compton, Earl of Wilmington?
Let’s Talk About Cheap Home Insurance in Wilmington, NC:
The average home value in Wilmington is $224,100, but how much will it cost to protect your home? That will depend on the following pieces of information:
How much does your home cost? How does your home’s value compare to the $224,100 average?
How much would it cost to rebuild your house? The construction methods used to build you home will play a large part in figuring this out.
What are the crime statistics for your neighborhood? This city has an 83% higher crime rate than the national average. There is a crime rate of 52.41 crimes per one thousand people here. That means you have a 1 in 20 chance of becoming a victim of violent or property crime here. Areavibes.com tells us that the rate for property crime by itself is 44.79 per one thousand, and this includes motor vehicle theft, arson, larceny, and burglary.
Get the cheapest homeowners insurance in Wilmington, North Carolina
What zip code area do you live in?
Your agent will also need to know what zip code you live in. InsuranceHub provides free quotes for the following zip codes:
28402, 28403, 28406, 28407, 28401, 28404, 28405, 28408, 28409, 28412, 28410, 28411
What weather conditions pose a threat?
- Wilmington has a moderate risk for tornadoes. It averages about 1 tornado a year.
- It lies in a very high risk hurricane zone. Nineteen hurricanes within 150 miles have been recorded since the year 2002. The most recent hurricane was Ana in 2015. August to early October is hurricane and tropical storm season here. Statistically, Wilmington gets hit by a hurricane once every seven years.
- Cape Fear and Bradley Creek flooding can cause problems in the flood plain areas. 40% of annual rainfall occurs from July to September.
- It has a very low earthquake risk, with a total of zero earthquakes since 1931.
How close is your home to a fire department?
There are 22 fire stations here. Did you know that your insurance company offers discounts for homes close to the nearest fire house? You can Google them to find out how close you will be to a fire station.
How can InsuranceHub help you save on your homeowner rates?
Imagine having an “uncle” in the business that can get you free quotes from many of the top insurance carriers in the country—companies such as:
- The Hartford
The good news is that you don’t need to have an “uncle” in the business when you call InsuranceHub. In just a few minutes you can be talking to a homeowner agent that will help you get the best rates possible for your home. It’s painless! All it takes is answering a few simple questions that are designed to find your hidden discounts, like saving 25% by combining your home and auto policy.
Relocating to Wilmington? Here are some of the top employers in the area:
- New Hanover Health Network
- New Hanover County Schools
- General Electric
- University of North Carolina Wilmington
- New Hanover County
- Pharmaceutical Product Development
- Verizon Wireless
- Cape Fear Community College
- City of Wilmington
Our other Wilmington customers enjoy the following sites and activities:
- Cameron Art Museum
- Bellamy Mansion
- The Confederate Memorial, Wilmington
- Cape Fear Museum of History and Science
- The Children’s Museum of Wilmington
- Fort Fisher Historic Area
- Grace United Methodist Church
- James Episcopal Church (the oldest church in Wilmington)
- Latimer House Museum
- Sunset Park Historic District
- Temple of Israel (oldest synagogue in NC)
- USS North Carolina Memorial
- Wilmington Railroad Museum
- Hannah Block Historic USO
- The Azalea Festival,
- Independence Mall
- Cotton Exchange of Wilmington
Do you live in the city with the “Best American Riverfront”? Give us a call and get a free homeowners insurance quote today.