Purchasing a home in Cameron County, Texas & need Harlingen home insurance quotes?
We can help.
Before we talk insurance quotes, here is a little about “H” Town. Harlingen is in Cameron County right in the heart of the Rio Grande Valley of southern Texas. That is why it has earned the nickname “The Capital of the Rio Grande Valley.”
As of 2015, there were about 65,774 people living here. It has the reputation of being the city with the least expensive cost of living in the United States.
Cheap home insurance prices in Harlingen depend on a few factors:
The average home in Harlingen, Tx costs about $71,600. How much will it cost to protect your new home in Harlingen? That will depend on quite a few determining factors. Here are a few questions your InsuranceHub agent will ask:
How much does your home cost? The average home here is valued at about $71,600. What is your home currently worth?
How much would it cost to rebuild your house? If you had to start from scratch and reduplicated your home what would it cost in today’s dollars?
What are the crime statistics for your neighborhood? There is a crime rate here of 33.51 crimes per one thousand residents. That means your chance of becoming a crime here is 1 in 30. Areavibes.com tells us that the rate for property crime is 31.29 per one thousand population which includes motor vehicle theft, arson, larceny, and burglary.
What Harlingen zip code do you live in?
Complete the Harlingen home insurance form below or talk to one of our professionals at (877) 341-5728
What weather conditions could pose a threat to your home?
- Harlingen has a moderate risk for tornadoes. It averages about 1 tornadoes a year.
- It is in a very high-risk hurricane zone. Seven hurricanes within 150 miles have been recorded since the year 2000. The most recent hurricane was Don in 2011. Winds up to 95 knots have been recorded here.
- Heavy rains can cause flooding from the Harlingen main canal and the arroyo Colorado river in the flood plain areas.
- Harlingen has a very low earthquake risk, with a total of zero earthquakes since 1931.
How close is your home to a fire department? Harlingen residents have 7 fire and emergency stations providing services to the city & surrounding areas. You can Google them to find out how close you will be.
Try using an online map to find the distance from your new home to the closest fire station. A close proximity to a fire department can reduce your home insurance rates because of the decreased response time.
How InsuranceHub saves you money
First of all, our agents are trained to help you get every possible discount. Our goal is to help you get the most affordable policy premium possible.
Second, we do the shopping across top insurance companies, like Nationwide, Progressive & Travelers. This gives you options, which allows for great coverage at a great price.
Third of all, once you complete the online form, our team will be in touch with a few simple questions to help you to get every possible homeowner’s discount available to you. We are serious about discounts.
WANT A PRO TIP? Save up to 25% by combining your auto & home policies.
Also, be sure to check out these things to do and see in Harlingen:
- Valley Race Park
- World Birding Center
- Harlingen’s Hugh Ramsey Nature Park.
- Harlingen Arts & Heritage Museum
- Harlingen Performing Arts Theater
- Iwo Jima Memorial Museum
- Rio Grande Valley Museum,
- Bike along the Arroyo on the City’s two-mile Hike & Bike Trail
- “Blues on the Hill” summer concerts
- Tony Butler Municipal Golf Course
- Market Day on Jackson Street
If you have made “The Capital of the Rio Grande Valley” your home, then contact the team at InsuranceHub for an affordable home insurance quote in Harlingen.