Affordable homeowners insurance rates in Greensboro, North Carolina
Greensboro has a population of 291,303 as of 2019. It's the third-largest city in North Carolina. Greensboro is the county seat of Guilford County. Over the year, it has earned the nicknames Tournament Town, Gate City, and The Boro.
Let's Talk Affordable Home Ownership
Did you know that the average home value in Greensboro is $209,793? How much will your home cost to protect? Every home is different. So, here are a few questions your agent will be asking you:
How much does your home cost?
Since the average home here is about $209,793, you can see that it will probably cost less to insure in Greensboro than some of the more expensive homes in North Carolina.
How much would it cost to rebuild your house?
That will depend on what your home is made of.
What are the crime statistics for your neighborhood?
Unfortunately, Greensboro has a crime rate of 45.28 crimes per one thousand residents, which is 46% higher than the national average rate. The chance of becoming a victim of a violent crime in Greensboro is 1 in 122. Areavibes.com tells us that the rate for property crime is 37.05 per one thousand population which includes motor vehicle theft, arson, larceny, and burglary.
What zip code area do you live in?
27401, 27402, 27403, 27404, 27405, 27406, 27408, 27410, 27411, 27412, 27413, 27407, 27409, 27415, 27416, 27417, 27419, 27420, 27429, 27435, 27438, 27455, 27495, 27497, 27498, 27425, 27427, 27499
What weather conditions pose a threat?
- Greensboro has a moderate risk for tornadoes. It averages about 1 tornado a year. On April 2, 1936, an F-4 tornado killed 14 people & injured 144.
- On the other hand, it is in a very low-risk hurricane zone. Seven hurricanes within 150 miles have been recorded since the year 2000. The most recent hurricane was Andrea in 2013.
- Heavy rains can cause flooding in the flood plains
- Greensboro, NC has a very low earthquake risk, with a total of 7 earthquakes within 30 miles since 1931.
How close is your home to a fire department?
You understand how quickly a fire can spread don't you? The problem is that many people underestimate this. That is why it is imperative to call 911 immediately. Every moment counts when your house is on fire.
There are 31 fire stations here. You can Google them to find out how close you will be.
How can InsuranceHub save you on your homeowner rates?
Our agents know the tricks of the trade to save you money on your rates. After all, InsuranceHub has been in business since 1985, which means you benefit from all of that experience when you complete our quote form or call for a free quote.
Your agent will help you to get all of the necessary liability, fire and dwelling coverage for your home. Next, they will help you identify every discount available to you to help lower your rates. For example, did you know that you can save up to 25% by combining your home & auto policy?
Finally, our agents will shop your home rates among many of the top insurance carriers in the country. We're talking about insurance companies like:
And those are just a few of our go-to carriers. So, why not give us a try? It is simple and easy.
Some of the top employers in the area:
- Guilford County Public Schools
- Cone Health
- City of Greensboro
- United States Postal Service
- Guilford County
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- High Point Regional Health System
- Bank of America
- American Express
- TE Connectivity
Things to do in the area:
- Four Seasons Town Centre
- Carolina Theatre of Greensboro
- Greensboro Mural Project
- Eastern Music Festival
- Elsewhere Collaborative
- Greensboro Ballet
- Greensboro Opera Company
- Greensboro Symphony
- Reed African American Heritage Museum,
- Weatherspoon Art Museum
- Greater Triad Shag Club
- The Bog Garden
- Bicentennial Garden
- International Civil Rights Center and Museum
- Greensboro Center City Park
- Greensboro Arboretum
- Blandwood Mansion and Garden
- World War Memorial Stadium
- Hagan Stone Park
- Greensboro Coliseum Complex
- The Greensboro Science Center
- Greensboro Children's Museum
- Wet 'n Wild Emerald Pointe
If you have made "The Boro" your home, then contact our agents today for a cheap North Carolina homeowners quote in Greensboro.