Affordable homeowners insurance rates in Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Tuscaloosa is the seat of Tuscaloosa County in Alabama. It was named after Tuskaloosa, the chieftain who was defeated by de Soto in 1540. It's the fifth-largest city in Alabama, with an estimated population 99,390 as of 2019. It has been rated as one of Americas "100 Best Communities for Young People." It has the motto: "Together we can build a bridge to the future"
Did you know that it once served as the capital of Alabama from 1826 to 1846?
When you visit Tuscaloosa, you will clearly see why it is nicknamed the "City of Champions" since in 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2015, the Alabama Crimson Tide football team won the BCS National Championship game.
Let's Talk Affordable Home Ownership
Did you know that the average home value here is $193,974? Let's find out how much it will cost to protect your home. Here are some common questions pertinent to getting a home insurance quote:
How much does your home cost?
The facts are that the average home price here is $193,974 as of 2021. How does your home's value compare?
How much would it cost to rebuild your house?
Tell your agent about any upgrades you might have in your home.
What are the crime statistics for your neighborhood?
The facts are that with a crime rate of 49.06 crimes per one thousand, it's slightly higher than the state's average. That means that your chances of being a victim of a violent crime here are just 1 in 192. Areavibes.com tells us that the rate for property crime is 43.85 per one thousand people which includes motor vehicle theft, arson, larceny, and burglary.
We provide free quotes in the six major areas of Tuscaloosa:
- The University of Alabama
- Alberta City
- West Tuscaloosa
- Central/Midtown Tuscaloosa
- Downtown Tuscaloosa
Did you know that your zip code will affect your homeowners rates?
35401, 35405, 35406, 35407, 35402, 35403, 35404, 35485, 35486 and 35487.
What weather conditions pose a threat to your home?
- There is a very high risk for tornadoes here. In fact, it averages about 2 tornadoes a year. Back in 2011, it was hit by a 1.5 mile wide EF4 tornado that killed 44 people in this city.
- There is a very low-risk hurricane here in this city. Twelve hurricanes within 150 miles have been recorded since the year 2000. The most recent hurricane was Lee in 2011.
- Flooding can occur from the Black Warrior River during heavy rains.
- There is a low earthquake risk here, with a total of 12 earthquakes since 1931.
How close do you live to the fire department?
Your insurance company understands that the closer that you live to a fire house, the safer your home is. That's why they give you cheaper rates when you live close to a fire station. You will be happy to know that there are 12 fire stations in the city of Tuscaloosa. Why not Google them to find out how close you will be?
How is InsuranceHub different? Simple. We can save you money on your homeowner rates.
Our agents know the tricks of the trade to save you money on your rates. After all, InsuranceHub has been in business since 1985, which means you benefit from all of that experience when you complete our quote form or call for a free quote.
Your agent will help you to get all of the necessary liability, fire, and dwelling coverage for your home. Next, they will help you identify every discount available to you to help lower your rates. For example, did you know that you can save up to 25% by combining your home & auto policy?
Finally, our agents will shop your home rates among many of the top insurance carriers in the country. We're talking about insurance companies like:
And those are just a few of our go-to carriers. So, why not give us a try? It is simple and easy.
Here's some of the top employers
- BFGoodrich Tire Manufacturing
- GAF Materials Corporation
- Hunt Refining Company
- JVC America
- Nucor Steel
- Phifer Wire
- Westervelt Company
- University of Alabama
- DCH Regional Medical Center
- Bryce Hospital
- William D. Partlow Developmental Center
- Tuscaloosa VA Medical Center
- City of Tuscaloosa
Things to do
- Tuscaloosa Public Library
- Weindorf Festival
- Children’s Hands-On Museum of Tuscaloosa
- Murphy African-American Museum
- Alabama Museum of Natural History
- Paul W. Bryant Museum
- Westervelt Warner Museum of American Art
- NorthRiver Yacht Club
- Jones Archaeological Museum
- Moundville Archaeological Park in Moundville.
- Coleman Coliseum
- Tuscaloosa Amphitheater
- Sakura Festival
- Kentuck Festival of Arts
- Moundville Native American Festival
- Dickens Downtown
- University of Alabama Arboretum
If "the City of Champions" is your hometown, then contact InsuranceHub for a cheap homeowners quote in Tuscaloosa today.