Affordable homeowner insurance rates in Augusta, Georgia
If you visit Augusta, you will clearly see why it is nicknamed the "garden city of the south," as well as the "masters city." First, beautiful private gardens can be found all over the city so be sure to take the time and enjoy them! Do you love golf? If so, welcome to the home of the Augusta National Golf Club’s Masters Tournament. As you can see, Augusta makes a wonderful place to buy a home and raise a family. Warm winters, affordable housing, cheap homeowners insurance, and low taxes also makes it an inviting place to retire.
Let's Talk About Affordable Home Ownership
Did you know that the average home value in Augusta is $80,200? Home values have gone up 5.8% over the past year and Zillow predicts they will rise 3.2% within the next year. Since the average home value in Georgia is $144,300, you can see that Augusta offers home pricing for many first time home buyers.
How much will it cost to protect your home?
How much does your home costs?
Since the average home here is about $141,988, you can see that it will cost less to insure in Augusta than the more expensive homes in other cities in Georgia.
How much would it cost to rebuild your house?
That will depend on a number of factors such as the square footage of the home, the location, the materials used, your coverage, etc.
What the crime statistics for my neighborhood?
According to NeighborhoodScout Augusta is safer than 10% of cities in the U.S. The chances of you being a victim of a violent crime is 1 in 302. Their crime index is slightly below the state of Georgia's average.
Get started with the form below or pick up the phone to talk to one of our specialists at (877) 341-5728
What weather conditions pose a threat?
- Augusta has a low risk for tornadoes, however there is an average of one per year. Thankfully, records show that no one has ever died from a tornado here.
- There's occasional flooding from the Savannah river when there's heavy rains.
- Back in 1990, this area experienced some of the worst flooding ever when 15 inches of rain fell causing millions of dollars in property damage. Most of the areas that got the heaviest flooding were located in the "floodplains."
- Thankfully they are not due for another storm like this for 75 years!
Is your new home near a local fire department?
Because fires can ravage your home fast, it makes sense that the closer your home is to a fire station, the less property damage you would have. This is why you can typically secure lower rates the closer you are to a fire station.
Thankfully for you, Augusta has 19 fire and emergency stations located across the city. One of our homeowners insurance agents will assist you in securing the necessary liability, fire, and dwelling coverage for your home. Our agents are also trained to help find every discount possible to design the most appropriate and affordable policy premium.
How can we save you money?
- Start by completing the home insurance quote form or by calling one of our agents.
- Our agents will follow up with a call/email/text to ask you a few simple questions to help you to get every possible homeowners discount available to you.
Our team will also explain how you can save up to 25% by combining your auto & home policies. You will have the opportunity to get the best coverage at the best price.
Looking for a job to relocate to Augusta?
The top employers here are Georgia Regents University, the Savannah River Site (a Department of Energy nuclear facility) and the U.S. Army Signal Center at Fort Gordon.
Other large companies that have a presence here are: CareSouth, T-Mobile, Covidien, Solo Cup Company, Automatic Data Processing, International Paper, NutraSweet, Teleperformance, Sitel, E-Z-GO, Elanco, Club Car, John Deere, Procter & Gamble, Kellogg's and Delta Air Lines baggage call center.
Be sure to check out these things to do and see
- Watch the Augusta Greenjackets minor league baseball club
- Famous golf course, the Augusta National Golf Club
- Play disc golf
- Riverwalk Augusta
- Augusta Common green space
- Augusta Canal bike/pedestrian path
- Phinizy Swamp Nature Park
If you have made the Masters City your home, then contact us today for an affordable homeowners quote in Augusta.