How do I get cheap Durham home insurance?
If you’re looking for cheap homeowners insurance in North Carolina, then InsuranceHub can help!
We provide FREE Durham home insurance quotes for the Bull City
Did you know these facts about Durham?
- Durham is a city in North Carolina with a population of 257,636 as of 2015
- Parts of it are located in Durham County,Wake County and Orange County
- It is the home of Duke University and North Carolina Central University
- It was originally occupied by the Eno and the Occoneechi
- In 1701, Durham was called “the flower of the Carolinas” by the English explorer John Lawson
- It was named for Dr. Bartlett Durham, who provided the land where the train station was built
- Back in the late 1950s, Duke University persuaded the North Carolina Legislature to buy land to create the nation’s first “science park”
- Durham has earned the nicknames Bull City & the City of Medicine
Lets Talk About Affordable Home Insurance In Durham, North Carolina:
Did you know that the average home value here is $178,200? Do you have any of idea what it will take to protect your own home? Lets discuss a few of the common questions your agent will ask you to help you get an affordable quote.
What is your home worth? As of 2016, the average home here runs about $178,200. How does the price of your home compare to that?
How much would it cost to rebuild your house? Tell your agent the amount of heated square feet of space that you have. Tell them how many baths and bedrooms you have too.
What are the crime statistics for your neighborhood? There is a crime rate of 49.63 crimes per one thousand people here. That is 74% higher than the national average rate. That means that your chance of becoming a victim of crime here is 1 in 21. Areavibes.com tells us that the rate for property crime is 41.16 per one thousand population which includes motor vehicle theft, arson, larceny, and burglary.
Get the cheapest homeowners insurance in Durham, North Carolina
What zip code area do you live in?
27704, 27705, 27706, 27707, 27710, 27711, 27713, 27715, 27717, 27701, 27702, 27703, 27708, 27709, 27712, 27722
What weather conditions pose a threat?
- Durham has a moderate risk for tornadoes. It averages about 1 tornado a year.
- On the other hand, it is in a very low-risk hurricane zone. Twelve hurricanes within 150 miles have been recorded since 2000. The most recent hurricane was Ana in 2015.
- Heavy rains can cause flooding from the Eno River in the flood plains.
- Durham has a very low earthquake risk, with a total of 1 earthquake since 1931.
How close is your home to a fire department? The closer you are to a fire station the safer your home is. That is why your carrier will reward you with lower rates.
Durham has 7 fire stations. You can Google them to find out how close you will be.
How can InsuranceHub save you money on your homeowner rates?
Our agents know the tricks of the trade to save you money on your rates. After all, InsuranceHub has been in business since 1985, which means you benefit from all of that experience when you complete our quote form or call for a free quote.
Your agent will help you to get all of the necessary liability, fire and dwelling coverage for your home. Next, they will help you identify every discount available to you to help lower your rates. For example, did you know that you can save up to 25% by combining your home & auto policy?
Finally, our agents will shop your home rates among many of the top insurance carriers in the country. We’re talking about insurance companies like:
And those are just a few of our go-to carriers. So, why not give us a try? It is simple and easy.
Relocating to Durham? Here are some of the top employers in the area:
- Duke University & Duke Univ. Health System
- Durham Public Schools
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield of NC
- City of Durham
- Fidelity Investments
- RTI International
- Durham VA Medical Center
- AW North Carolina
Things to do & see that our other Durham customers enjoy:
- Bull Durham Blues Festival
- American Dance Festival
- Nasher Museum of Art
- Full Frame Documentary Film Festival
- Scrap Exchange
- Pleiades Gallery
- The Durham Art Walk
- Carrack Modern Art
- Golden Belt Studios
- Duke University’s men’s basketball
- Durham Bulls International League baseball team
If you have made “the Bull City” your home, then contact our team of agents for an affordable homeowner’s quote in Durham today.