Affordable homeowners insurance rates in Denison, Texas
Denison is a city in Grayson County, Texas, with a population of 24,340 as of 2019. It was founded in 1872 and was named after the wealthy vice president, Katy George Denison.
The median household income was $43,586, and the median individual income was $25,999 as of the 2019. In 2013 the area was named the Official Best Recreational Lake Area in Texas.
Let's Talk Affordable Home Ownership
For starters, you should know the average property values for your area. As of 2016, the average home value here was $189,625. How about your home. Any idea of how much it will cost to protect?
How much does your home cost?
Since the average home here is about $189,625, how does your home compare?
How much would it cost to rebuild your house?
Your agent will help you to calculate this.
What are the crime statistics for your neighborhood?
There is a crime rate of 24.39 crimes per one thousand residents here. This is 22% higher than the national average rate. That means that your chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is 1 in 29. Areavibes.com tells us that the rate for property crime is 19.77 per one thousand population which includes motor vehicle theft, arson, larceny, and burglary.
As you can imagine this will affect your home insurance rates depending on what zip code you live in.
What Denison zipcode do you live in?
What weather conditions pose a threat?
- Denison has a high risk for tornadoes. It averages about 3 tornadoes a year.
- It also has a high risk for hail.
- On the other hand, it is in a very low-risk hurricane zone. Three hurricanes within 150 miles have been recorded since the year 2000. The most recent hurricane was Bill in 2015.
- Heavy rains can cause flooding from the Red River in the flood plain areas.
- Denison, Texas has a very low earthquake risk, with a total of 9 small earthquakes within 30 miles since 1931.
Get started with the form below or pick up the phone to talk to one of our specialists at (877) 341-5728
How close is your home to a fire department?
One small fire can ruin your life. Imagine everything you own with water, smoke, or fire damage. Now you can see why they give you cheaper rates the closer you are to the firehouse!
Thankfully Denison has 2 fire stations. You can Google them to find out how close you will be. Your agent is standing by to help you to get the necessary liability, fire, and dwelling coverage for your home at a fair price.
How can InsuranceHub save you on your home insurance quotes?
Our agents are trained to seek out every possible discount available to you. We also have access to a database of all the top insurance carriers in the country, such as:
- Many more
By starting the Denison home insurance quote form or by calling our agents, you will have the opportunity to speak to a homeowners insurance specialist that will help you to get the best rates possible for your home. They will ask you a few simple questions to help you to get every possible home insurance discount available to you. They will also explain how you can save up to 25% by combining your auto policy. This means you get the best insurance coverage value at the best price.
Some of the top employers in Denison:
- Tyson Foods
- Texoma Medical Center in Denison
- Denison Independent School District
- Ruiz Foods
- Texoma Medical Center
- Wal-Mart Stores
- Spectrum Brands
- Dialog Direct
- ACS Manufacturing
- Denison Industries
- City of Denison
- Grayson College
- Dialogue Direct Contact Centers
- National Government Services
- Champion Cooler Corporation
Things to do & see in the area:
- Eisenhower Birthplace State Historic Site
- Eisenhower State Park
- Denison Arts and Wine Renaissance
- Eisenhower Birthday Celebration
- I Like Ike Run
- Fall Festival
- Fourth of July Celebration
- Kustom Kemps
- Hagerman national wildlife refuge
- Waterloo Lake Regional Park
- Denison Dam
- Perrin Air Force Base Historical Museum
- Red River Railroad Museum
- Munson Park
If you have made the birthplace of Dwight D. Eisenhower your home, then contact the InsuranceHub team for a cheap home insurance quote in Denison today.