Buying a home & need cheap Dallas home insurance quotes?
We can help.
Before we talk home insurance, here is a little about this city: According to the U.S. Census Bureau, in 2014, Dallas had an estimated population of 1,281,047.
It is the 3rd biggest city in Texas and the majority of the city is in Dallas County, although parts of the city are located in Collin, Denton, Kaufman, and Rockwall counties. When you visit Dallas you will clearly see why it is nicknamed the “Big D” because everything is BIGGER in Dallas.
You can look forward to Cowboys football, mild winters, affordable housing, cheap homeowners insurance and low taxes here.
Getting cheap Dallas home insurance quotes depend on many factors:
Did you know that the average home value in Dallas is 137,000? It will also please you to know that Dallas home values have gone up 16% over the past year and Zillow.com predicts they will rise 6.3% within the next year.
How much does your home cost? Since the average home here is about $137,000, you can see that it will probably cost less to insure in Dallas than some of the more expensive homes in Texas.
How much would it cost to rebuild your house? That will depend on what your home is made of.
What are the crime statistics for my neighborhood? Unfortunately, with a crime rate of 42.54 crimes per one thousand residents, it is higher than average rate. The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Dallas is 1 in 24. Areavibes.com tells us that the rate for property crime is 35.89 per one thousand population. This includes motor vehicle theft, arson, larceny, and burglary.
What weather conditions pose a threat?
- Dallas has a high risk for tornadoes. It averages about 4 tornadoes a year that causes zero deaths each year.
- On the other hand, it is in a low-risk hurricane zone. 2 hurricanes have been recorded since the year 2000. The most recent hurricane was Edouard in 2008.
- Heavy rains can cause flooding from the Lakes Ray Roberts, Lewisville and Grapevine as well as the Elm Fork Trinity River in the flood plain areas.
- Dallas, Texas has a very low earthquake risk, with a total of 89 earthquakes within 30 miles since 1931.
Get started with the form below or pick up the phone to talk to one of our professionals at (877) 341-5728
What weather conditions pose a threat?
- Del Rio has a low risk for tornadoes. It averages about 1 tornado a year.
- It is in a very low risk hurricane zone. Four hurricanes within 150 miles have been recorded since the year 2000. The most recent hurricane was Dolly in 2008.
- Heavy rains can cause flooding from the San Felipe Creek in the flood plain areas.
- Del Rio has a very low earthquake risk, with a total of zero earthquakes since 1931.
How close is your home to a fire department? Every second counts when there is a fire. So it makes sense to live near a fire station, doesn’t it? Currently, there are 3 fire stations in the greater Del Rio area. Why don’t you Doogle them to find out how close you will be?
How can InsuranceHub save you on your rates?
We have access to the top insurance carriers in the country. Insurance companies like:
By starting the Del Rio home insurance quote form or by calling our agents, you will have the opportunity to speak to a homeowners insurance specialist that will help you to get the best rates possible for your home. They will ask you a few simple questions to help you to get every possible homeowner’s discount available to you. They will also explain how you can save up to 25% by combining your auto policy. This means you get the best insurance coverage value at the best price.
Some of the top employers in Del Rio:
- San Felipe Del Rio CISD
- Laughlin Air Force Base
- Val Verde Regional Medical Center
- City of Del Rio
- Wal-Mart Supercenter
- Plaza Del Sol Mall
- H.E.B. Grocery
- Val Verde County
- The GEO Group Correctional Facility
- Union Pacific Railroad
Check out these things to do and see in Del Rio, Texas:
- Lake Amistad
- the George Paul Memorial Bullriding
- Devil’s River State Natural Area
- Whitehead Memorial Museum
- Val Verde Winery
- Laughlin Heritage Foundation Museum
- Del Rio Council for the Arts at the Firehouse
- San Felipe Springs
If you have made the home of the Laughlin Air Force Base your own home, then contact the homeowner’s insurance team for an affordable home insurance quote in Del Rio today.