Buying a home in Hamilton County, Tennessee & need Chattanooga home insurance quotes?
We can help.
InsuranceHub provides FREE Chattanooga home insurance quotes for all of the “Scenic City”
Before we talk insurance, check out these facts about your new hometown:
- Chattanooga is the seat of Hamilton County, Tn with a population of 176,588 as of 2015
- It is the fourth-largest city in Tennessee
- It is internationally known for the 1941 song, “Chattanooga Choo Choo,” by Glenn Miller and his orchestra
- This is the first city to have it’s own typeface, Chatype
- It has been recognized as a Tree City USA community since 1990
- The city has won three national awards for outstanding “livability”
- In December 2009, Chattanooga was ranked 8th out of America’s 100 largest metro areas for the best “Bang For Your Buck” city, according to Forbes magazine
- The median household income was $35,817, and the median family income was $43,314
- Some affectionately refer to it as Chatt, Chattown, Gig City, Nooga, and River City
When you visit Chattanooga Tn you will clearly see why it is nicknamed the “Scenic City.” Since it is found between the ridge-and-valley portion of the Appalachian Mountains & the Cumberland Plateau, it is therefore surrounded by mountains and ridges.
Here’s what it takes to get affordable Chattanooga home insurance quotes:
You need to know the average home values. The most recent estimates report that the average home value in Chattanooga, TN is $141,300.
So, how much will it cost to protect your own home?
That will depend on quite a few determining factors:
How much does your home cost? The typical average home price here is about $141,300. Where does your home fall in comparison?
How much would it cost to rebuild your house? Your agent will ask you about what your home is made of to figure this out.
What are the crime statistics for your neighborhood? There is a crime rate of 69.08 crimes per one thousand residents here. That makes it 142% higher than the national average rate. The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Chattanooga is 1 in 15. Areavibes.com tells us that the rate for property crime is 59.19 per one thousand population which includes motor vehicle theft, arson, larceny, and burglary.
Here are just some of the neighborhoods we provide free quotes for:
- Ferger Place
- Missionary Ridge
- Stringer’s Ridge.
- East Brainerd
- Fort Wood
- Highland Park
- Lupton City
- Missionary Ridge
What Chattanooga zip code do you live in?
37402, 37403, 37404, 37405, 37406, 37412, 37401, 37407, 37408, 37409, 37410, 37411, 37414, 37415, 37416, 37419, 37450, 37421, 37422, 37424
Get started with the Chattanooga home insurance form below or pick up the phone to talk to one of our specialists at (877) 341-5728
What weather conditions pose a threat?
- Chattanooga has a very high risk for tornadoes. It averages about 2 tornadoes a year.
- It is in a very low-risk hurricane zone. Seven hurricanes within 150 miles have been recorded since the year 2000. The most recent hurricane was Lee in 2011.
- Heavy rains can cause flooding from the Tennessee River in the flood plains.
- Chattanooga, TN has a moderate earthquake risk, with a total of 29 earthquakes since 1931.
How close is your home to a fire department? Since a fire can destroy your house completely in a short period of time, doesn’t it make sense that the closer you live to a fire house that the less damage you would incur? Chattanooga has 22 fire stations in the greater metro area. You can Google them to find out how close you will be.
How can InsuranceHub save you on your home insurance quotes?
Our agents are trained to seek out every possible discount available to you. We also have access to a database of all the top insurance carriers in the country, such as:
- Many more
By starting the Chattanooga home insurance quote form or by calling our agents, you will have the opportunity to speak to a homeowners insurance specialist that will help you to get the best rates possible for your home. They will ask you a few simple questions to help you to get every possible home insurance discount available to you.
PRO TIP: Save up to 25% by combining your auto & home policies. This means you get the best insurance coverage value at the best price.
Top local employers in Chattanooga, Tennessee:
- Access America Transport
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
- CBL & Associates
- The Chattanooga Bakery
- Coker Tire
- S. Xpress Inc
- Covenant Transport
- Double Cola
- CraftWorks Restaurants & Breweries
- Luken Communications
Things to do & see locally:
- Hunter Museum of American Art
- International Towing and Recovery Hall of Fame and Museum
- Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum
- Chattanooga History Center
- National Medal of Honor Museum
- Houston Museum
- Chattanooga African American Museum
- Creative Discovery Museum
- Chattanooga Symphony and Opera
- Tennessee Aquarium
- Tennessee caverns
- Waterfront attractions along and across the Tennessee River
- Chattanooga Zoo
- Rock City
- Riverbend Festival
- Heritage park
- “Nightfall” concert series
- Chattanooga Dulcimer Festival
If you have made the “Scenic City” your new home, then contact the team here at InsuranceHub for an affordable homeowners quote in Chattanooga today.