Affordable homeowners insurance rates in Charleston, South Carolina
Charleston is the oldest and second-largest city in South Carolina. It's the county seat of Charleston County and had a population of 135,257 in 2019.
The pineapples you see everywhere are a symbol of hospitality because they were placed on the captain's fence as an invitation to friends & neighbors to join him for dinner and hear about his voyages. It was nominated America's Most Friendly City" by Travel + Leisure in 2011 and in 2013. Also, it was voted "the most polite and hospitable city in America" by Southern Living magazine.
Let's Talk Affordable Home Ownership
As of 2021, the average home value here was about $443,483? How much are you paying to insure your home right now? Lets' see if we can save you some money. Here are a couple of things your agent will be asking you.
How much does your home cost?
The average home here runs about $443,483. How does your home compare to that? What is it currently worth?
How much would it cost to rebuild your house?
If we had to rebuild your home from scratch, do you have any idea of what it would cost? Don't worry, your agent will help you to figure this out.
What are the crime statistics for my neighborhood?
As of 2021, there was a crime rate of 26.83 crimes per one thousand people here. This makes it approximately 6% lower than the national average.
That means you have a 1 in 38 chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime. Areavibes.com tells us that the rate for property crime is 24.40 per one thousand population which includes motor vehicle theft, arson, larceny, and burglary. Your home's location will affect your homeowner's rates.
What zipcode area do you live in?
What weather conditions pose a threat to your home?
The entire peninsula is very low and leaves the city vulnerable to frequent floods during hurricanes, heavy rains, storm surges, and some high tides.
- Charleston has a high risk for tornadoes. It averages about 1 tornado a year.
- Hurricanes are a major threat to the area during the summer and early fall. Sixteen hurricanes within 150 miles have been recorded since the year 2000. The most recent hurricane was Ana in 2015.
- Heavy rains can cause flooding from the Ashley and the Cooper Rivers river in the flood plain areas.
- It has a very moderate earthquake risk, with a total of 66 earthquakes since 1931.
How close is your home to a fire department?
A fire can cause thousands in damage in just moments. Many people forget about smoke and water damage too. That is why you want to live near the fire department. Did you know you get lower rates if you live closer to the firehouse?
There are 26 fire stations in Charleston. You can Google them to find out how close you will be.
How can InsuranceHub save you on your homeowner rates?
The InsuranceHub team has been helping homeowners since 1985. This means you benefit from their experience. So, how does it work?
First, your agent will identify your discounts. Second, they will shop your quote across some of the top insurance carriers in the country.
We're talking about insurance companies like:
And those are just a few of our go-to carriers. So, why not give us a try? It is simple and easy.
- Joint Base Charleston of the US Air Force & US Navy
- Medical University of South Carolina
- Charleston County School District
- Charleston County Government
- City of Charleston
- College of Charleston
- S. Postal Service
- Boeing South Carolina
- Roper St. Francis Healthcare
- JEM Restaurant Group, Inc.
- Trident Health System
- Walmart Stores Inc.
- Piggly Wiggly Carolina Co Inc.
- Evening Post Publishing Co.
- Bi-Lo Stores
- Force Protection, Inc.
- Verizon Wireless Call Center
Things to Do:
- Spoleto Festival USA
- The annual Charleston Fashion Week
- Charleston Antiques Show
- Charleston Food and Wine Festival
- Charleston International Film Festival
- Patriots Point Naval and Maritime Museum
- Calhoun Mansion
- Charleston Museum
- Warren Lasch Conservation Center
- Powder Magazine
- Gibbes Museum of Art
- Fireproof Building
- Nathaniel Russell House
- Market Hall and Sheds
- Avery Research Center for African American History and Culture
- South Carolina Aquarium
- Fort Sumter,
- The Battery
- Rainbow Row
- Pineapple Fountain
- Waterfront Park
- Old Slave Mart Museum
If you have made "the most polite and hospitable city in America" your home, then contact us today for an affordable home insurance quote in Charleston, South Carolina.