Workers Compensation Insurance
Protecting your employees with workers compensation insurance
Does this apply to you? Well if you have at least one employee, you are required to carry workmans comp coverage for your employees. This policy protects your employees if they become hurt or sick as a result of working with you.
OWNING A BUSINESS TAKES GUTS.
What does a standard workers compensation policy cover?
As an employer you are getting the following coverage for your employees:
- Medical services needed to treat the job injury or illness
- Any rehabilitation costs incurred
- Temporary disability payments to the employee to help replace lost wages
- Permanent disability payments to the employee to compensate for permanent effects of the injury
- A death benefit for the employee's survivors in the event of a fatal injury
- Legal representation for the employer by the insurance carrier
- Protection for the employer against most lawsuits for on-the-job injuries/illnesses
Can you see how this protects your business? How do you benefit as an employer?
It is simple. Hopefully there is ever a claim, but if so, your workmans comp insurance protects your liability in four ways:
- You can attract good people knowing that they will be covered in case of an accident or injury.
- The coverage will pay for any financial compensation you are legally required to pay to your employee in the event of injury or illness.
- You are protected from costly claims and lawsuits.
- You have peace of mind and less stress knowing that you are obeying the state laws in case you are ever audited or investigated.
Workers compensation is the just the first line of defense in protecting your employees and your business. We also recommend a safety program to prevent accidents in the first place as well as an ergonomics awareness program to prevent repetitive stress injuries from occurring.
Figuring out what coverage to get and for whom can be overwhelming on your own
Thankfully you don't have to do it on your own. The workmans comp professionals at InsuranceHub are here and standing by to help. They understand small business owners and the frustrations that go along with owning a business and having employees.
They are here to help you each step of the way. Call 877-341-5728 or complete our quote form to see how quick and easy it can be to get an affordable workers compensation plan for your business today.
Get started with the form below or pick up the phone to talk to one of our professionals at (877) 341-5728