What exactly is special event insurance?
Simply put, special events insurance is a general liability policy for special events. Unexpected situations have a way of showing up at the most inopportune time and our special events policy will protect you from liability. It covers:
- Bodily injury and property damage liability
- Host liquor liability insurance
- You can add an optional cancellation endorsement policy
Why do I need a one day insurance policy?
Just suppose you planned the perfect party, wedding or festival and...
- Someone gets drunk and starts a big brawl
- Your guests damage the property of others
- It rains outside and ruins your outdoor venue
- The guest of honor is hospitalized and can't attend the event
This event policy will minimize your responsibility and loss if you face an unavoidable event nightmare.
Examples of Special Event Insurance Include:
With the average wedding averaging $30,000 or more, you need insurance to cover your liabilities. Having one of these policies means that you and your guests are protected from accidents, unexpected damages and some wedding cancellation costs.
Furthermore, it reimburses you for lost deposits and non-refundable amounts due to:
- Military deployment
- Bad weather
- Vendor no shows or bankruptcy
- Lost wedding rings
- Damage to special event tuxedos or dresses
- Lost or damaged wedding gifts
- Lost or damaged photography or videos
Business and corporate event insurance:
- Corporate private party
- Fund raiser dinner
- Business dinner
- Non-profit function
- Business meeting
Other special events include:
- Anniversary party
- Baby shower
- Bar mitzvah
- Birthday party
- Dinner events
- Engagement parties
- Housewarming party
- Memorial service
- Rehearsal dinners
- Retirement party
- Sports events
What does special events insurance include?
- Contractual Liability
- Damage to Premises
- Hired and Non-Owned Automobile Liability
- Host Liquor Liability
- Liquor Liability
- Vendor Insurance
- Weather Insurance
- Collapse of Temporary Structure Liability (Optional)
- Medical Payments (Optional)
- Third Party Property Damage Liability (Optional)
- Terrorism (Optional)
- Waiver of Subrogation (Optional)
Will my special event qualify for this type of insurance?
Does your event meet these standards?
- Is your event attendance less than 12,000?
- Are all your event days consecutive with one after the other?
- Is your event 10 consecutive event days or less?
- Is your event held at one single location?
- Is the location/ venue owned by someone other than the insured?
If you answered yes to each of these questions, then we would like to talk with you about a special events insurance policy.