What exactly is product liability insurance?
Product liability insurance offers protection against bodily injury and property damage losses because of some defect in the product you:
Product liability policies may also provide coverage for claims arising from damages due to providing inadequate instruction for product use or the failure to give proper warnings on your product label. Here in the United States, the claims most commonly associated with product liability are:
- strict liability
- breach of warranty
- various consumer protection claims
Who needs product liability insurance?
Are you responsible for component or end-user product:
It doesn't matter if you are the manufacturer or if you subcontract part of the products manufacturing. If the answer is yes to any of the responsibilities above, then you need product liability insurance.
Thankfully here at InsuranceHub, we specialize in providing affordable policies for manufacturers, importers, and distributors of consumer, commercial, and industrial goods and services. It doesn't matter if you produce vehicles, clothes, building materials, toys, food, beverages, tools, energy products, furniture, stationary goods, luggage, pet items, heating & cooling equipment or electronic devices because we have you covered.
Why do I need coverage for my manufacturing and distribution business?
Did you know that the average legal cost to defend a product liability case is upwards of $100,000 or more?
You need to speak to one of our agents today about getting a product liability quote if you are:
- A product manufacturer
- An importer
- A distributor
- A component part manufacturer
- An assembler
- An installer
- A wholesaler
- A retail store that sold the product to the customer that hurt themselves.
What does product liability insurance cover?
Your product liability policy provides coverage for your goods or products:
- disposed of
It also offers protection from providing, or failure to provide, sufficient warnings or instructions about your products or goods. It typically provides protection for:
- Bodily Injury: It may pay the affected person or firm for the cost of care, the loss of services and restitution for death that results from an injury.
- Property Damage: If your business or product causes damage to, or causes the loss of use of someone's property then coverage may pay for the value of the physical damage to the property or the loss of use of that property.