How do I get affordable Huntsville home insurance?
If you’re in need of cheap homeowner’s insurance in Alabama, then InsuranceHub is here to help!
Before we discuss insurance, check out these facts about Huntsville:
- Huntsville is a city in Alabama and had a population of 190,582 as of 2015
- It is the county seat of Madison County but also extends into Limestone County
- It is the fourth-largest city in Alabama
- The National Trust for Historic Preservation named Huntsville to its “America’s Dozen Distinctive Destinations for 2010” list
- Before 1812, it was called Twickenham
- Its name was changed to “Huntsville” to honor John Hunt
- It was the first incorporated town in Alabama, back in 1811
- Back in the 1930s, it was known as the Watercress Capital of the World
- It has the motto: “Star of Alabama”
When you visit Huntsville, AL you will clearly see why it is nicknamed the “Rocket City.” It is the home of NASA’s George C. Marshall Space Flight Center. Back in the 1950s, the Redstone rocket was developed here, which set the stage for America’s space program, as well as major Army missile programs, to be centered in Huntsville today.
Review These Questions To Help Get Cheap Home Insurance in Huntsville, Alabama:
There were 84,949 housing units here as of the 2010 census. Did you know that the average home value in Huntsville is $160,400? How much will your home cost to protect?
That will depend on quite a few determining factors. Here are a few:
How much does your home cost? Since the average home here is about $160,400, you can see that it will probably cost less to insure in Huntsville than some of the more expensive homes in Alabama.
How much would it cost to rebuild your house? That will depend on what your home is made of.
What are the crime statistics for your neighborhood? There is a crime rate of 54.10 crimes per one thousand people here. That means it is 89% higher than the national average rate. You have a 1 in 19 chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here. Areavibes.com tells us that the rate for property crime is 45.99 per one thousand population which includes motor vehicle theft, arson, larceny, and burglary.
Were you aware that your zip code affects the rates you pay?
What zip code do you live in?
35801, 35807, 35808, 35809, 35815, 35816, 35824, 35893, 35802, 35803, 35804, 35805, 35806, 35810, 35811, 35812, 35813, 35814, 35894, 35895, 35896, 35899, 35897, 35898
Get multiple homeowner insurance quotes if you live in Huntsville, Alabama
What weather conditions pose a threat? Huntsville lies in a region called the “Dixie Alley.” Thunderstorms can deliver large hail, damaging winds, and tornadoes.
- Huntsville has a very high risk for tornadoes. It averages about 3 tornadoes a year.
- It is in a very low-risk hurricane zone. Seven hurricanes within 150 miles have been recorded since the year 2000. The most recent hurricane was Lee in 2011.
- Heavy rains can cause flooding from the Tennessee river in the flood plains.
- It has a low earthquake risk, with a total of 6 earthquakes within 30 miles since 1931.
How close is your home to a fire department? Fire can ravage a home and cause thousands of dollars in damage in moments. That is why your insurance company offers a discount if you live near a firehouse.
There are 18 fire stations in Huntsville. You can Google them to find out how close you will be.
How can InsuranceHub save you money on your home insurance quotes?
After all there are plenty of insurance agencies out there. Why give us a try?
- Experience: We have been helping homeowners since 1985.
- Discounts: Your agent is trained to help you find hidden discounts to save you more money.
- Choices: While some agencies represent only one insurance company… InsuranceHub is an independent agency. This means you get more quotes to choose from.
Your agent will shop your rates across all the top insurance carriers in the country:
And those are just a few of our go-to carriers. So, why not give us a try? It is simple and easy.
Relocating to Huntsville, Alabama? Here are some of the top employers in the area:
- S. Army/Redstone Arsenal
- NASA / Marshall Space Flight Center
- Huntsville Hospital
- Huntsville City Schools
- Boeing Company
- Madison County Schools
- SAIC (Science Applications International Corporation)
- City of Huntsville
- Camber Corporation
- University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAH)
- ADTRAN, Inc.
- Intergraph Corporation
- Madison County Commission
- Alabama A&M University
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Verizon Wireless
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing Alabama, Inc.
Things to do & see in Huntsville, AL:
- US Space & Rocket Center
- Alabama Constitution Village
- Burritt on the Mountain
- Early Works Museum
- Harrison Brothers Hardware Store
- The Historic Huntsville Depot
- Huntsville Museum of Art
- North Alabama Railroad Museum
- The Veterans Memorial Museum
- Big Spring International Park
- Creekwood Park
- Huntsville Botanical Garden
- Jones Farm Park
- Monte Sano State Park
- “Spring Festival”
- “Pancake Week”
- Panoply Arts Festival
- Big Spring Jam
- The Annual International Festival of North Alabama
- Sunset Landing Golf Club
- Huntsville Museum of Art
If you have made the “Rocket City” your home, then contact us today for an affordable home insurance quote in Huntsville.