Looking to buy a home & need University Park home insurance quotes?
InsuranceHub is here to help.
We provide University Park home insurance quotes for the best-educated city in Texas
Before we talk insurance, did you know these facts about University Park?
- University Park is a city in Dallas County, Texas, with a population of 24,759 as of 2015
- It is the home to Southern Methodist University
- This city began as a small cluster of homes surrounding the Southern Methodist University, in 1915
- On April 24, 1924, voters approved to incorporate as a city
- It is surrounded by Dallas on three sides and the town of Highland Park to the south
- As of 2007 the median household income was $151,418, and the median family income was $200,000
- University Park has been described as the seventh most affluent neighborhood in the USA
When you visit University Park, you will clearly see why it is called Texas’ best-educated city:
- 8% of adults age 25 years or older holding an associate degree or higher
- 5% of adult residents possessing a bachelor’s degree or higher
Getting home insurance quotes in University Park comes down to factors like these:
Do you know the average property values for your city? The most recent estimates report that the average home value in your area is $983,800.
How much will it cost to protect your home?
That will depend on quite a few determining factors. Here are a few:
How much does your home cost? The average home here is about $983,800. How does your home’s value compare?
How much would it cost to rebuild your house? Typically they subtract the cost of your land from your homes value to arrive at this number.
What are the crime statistics for your neighborhood? Currently, there are 11.69 crimes per one thousand residents here. This makes it is 59% lower than the national average rate.
You have a 1 in 86 chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here. Areavibes.com tells us that the rate for property crime is 11.57 per one thousand population which includes motor vehicle theft, arson, larceny, and burglary.
Do you live in the 78148 zip code?
What weather conditions pose a threat?
- University Park has a very high risk for tornadoes. It averages about 4 tornadoes a year.
- It is in a very low-risk hurricane zone. Three hurricanes within 150 miles have been recorded since the year 2000. The most recent hurricane was Bill in 2015.
- Heavy rains can cause flooding in the flood plains.
- University Park has a very low earthquake risk, with a total of 86 small earthquakes within 30 miles since 1931.
Get started with the University Park home insurance form below or pick up the phone to talk to one of our specialists at (877) 341-5728
How close is your home to a fire department? How fast do you want the fire department to get to your house in case of emergency? The closer you are, the faster they can get there when you call 911. Thankfully, University Park has 2 fire stations in the greater metro area.
We suggest mapping out your new home to see the proximity to these fire stations. Then, once you contact InsuranceHub, your agent will help you to get the necessary liability, fire and dwelling coverage for your home.
How can InsuranceHub save you on your home insurance quotes?
Our agents are trained to seek out every possible discount available to you. We also have access to a database of all the top insurance carriers in the country, such as:
- Many more
By starting the University Park home insurance quote form or by calling our agents, you will have the opportunity to speak to a homeowners insurance specialist that will help you to get the best rates possible for your home. They will ask you a few simple questions to help you to get every possible home insurance discount available to you.
PRO TIP: Save up to 25% by combining your auto & home policies. This means you get the best insurance coverage value at the best price.
Relocating to University Park? Top area employers:
- Highland Park Independent School District
- Dallas Independent School District
- Southern Methodist University
- City of University Park
Things to do & see in the area:
- University Park Public Library
- Burleson Park
- Elena’s Children’s Park
- Germany Park
- Goar Park
- Linear Park
- Smith Park
- Williams Park
- The Holmes Aquatic Center
- Movie in the Park
- Children’s Fishing Derby
- Meadows Museum
- George W. Bush Presidential Library
- Southern Methodist University
- Landmark’s Inwood Theatre
If you have made Texas’ best-educated city your new home, then contact our team of agents for an affordable home insurance quote in University Park today.