Buying a home in Texas & need Schertz home insurance quotes?
We can help.
InsuranceHub can get FREE Schertz home insurance quotes for the city ranked #1 in 2007 for best places to live in Texas.
Before we talk insurance, did you know these facts about your city:
- Schertz is a city in Guadalupe, Bexar, and Comal counties of Texas, with a population of 37,938 as of 2015
- In 2007, CNNMoney.com rated Schertz # 1 best places to live in Texas
- Safewise used FBI Crime Report statistics from 2013 and rated Schertz one of the “50 Safest Cities in Texas
- The first settlers came here around 1843
- It was originally called “Cibolo Pit”, then later “Cut Off” because when Cibolo Creek flooded, the settlement was cut off
- It was named Schertz in 1899 after Sebastian Schertz who owned and operated a general store when the railroad was constructed
- The median household income here was $55,156, and the median family income was $59,745
- It’s motto is: “Community. Service. Opportunity.”
Here’s what it takes to get affordable Schertz home insurance quotes:
You need to know the average home values. The most recent estimates report that the average home value in Schertz, Tx is $168,300.
So, how much will it cost to protect your own home?
That will depend on quite a few determining factors:
How much does your home cost? With the average home here about $168,300, where does yours fit in? Higher or lower?
How much would it cost to rebuild your house? Talk to your agent about what makes your home special.
What are the crime statistics for your neighborhood? It has a crime rate of 19.45 crimes per one thousand residents. This makes it 34% lower than the national average rate. The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Schertz is 1 in 52. Areavibes.com tells us that the rate for property crime is 17.69 per one thousand population which includes motor vehicle theft, arson, larceny, and burglary.
What zip code do you live in?
What weather conditions pose a threat?
- Schertz has a moderate risk for tornadoes. It averages about 1 tornado a year.
- On the other hand, it is in a very low-risk hurricane zone. Five hurricanes within 150 miles have been recorded since the year 2000. The most recent hurricane was Bill in 2015
- Heavy rains can cause flooding from the Cibolo creek in the flood plain areas.
- Schertz has a very low earthquake risk, with a total of 1 earthquake since 1931.
Get started with the Schertz home insurance form below or pick up the phone to talk to one of our specialists at (877) 341-5728
How close is your home to a fire department? Sadly fires destroy thousands of homes just like yours every year. The thing is that the closer you live to a fire station the safer you are statistically.
Schertz has 1 local fire station in the area. You can Google it to find out how close you will be. How would you feel if your home was under insured? And there wasn’t enough to rebuild it as it was? The thing is that your agent will help you to get all of the necessary liability, fire and dwelling coverage for your home.
How can InsuranceHub save you on your home insurance quotes?
Our agents are trained to seek out every possible discount available to you. We also have access to a database of all the top insurance carriers in the country, such as:
- Many more
By starting the Schertz home insurance quote form or by calling our agents, you will have the opportunity to speak to a homeowners insurance specialist that will help you to get the best rates possible for your home. They will ask you a few simple questions to help you to get every possible home insurance discount available to you.
PRO TIP: Save up to 25% by combining your auto & home policies. This means you get the best insurance coverage value at the best price.
Some of the top employers in Schertz:
- Sysco Central Texas
- Brandt Engineering
- Vision Works
- H.E.B. Grocery Co.
- Wal-Mart Stores
- Federal Express
- Metro Ambulance LP
- Randolph Air Force Base
Check out these things to do and see in Schertz, Texas:
- The Wilenchik Walk for Life
- Absolute Jazz festival
- The annual Doggie Dash at Pickrell Park
- Schertz EMS Week
- The annual Police Memorial Day Parade
- The Schertz Sweetheart Pageant
- The Schertz Fourth of July Jubilee
- The annual SchertzFest
- Trunk or Treat celebration at Pickrell Park
- Senior Arts and Crafts Bazaar
- Festival of Angels in December.
If you have made the city ranked #1 in 2007 for best places to live in Texas your home, then contact our team for multiple cheap home insurance quotes in Schertz.