Buying a home in South Texas & need San Juan home insurance quotes?
We can help.
InsuranceHub provides FREE San Juan home insurance quotes for the city that embodies the “the spirit of South Texas.”
However, before we talk insurance, here are some interesting facts about this city:
- San Juan is a city in Hidalgo County, in the valley of the Rio Grande and has a population of 36,556
- It is only about 10 miles from the border of Mexico
- The cost of living here is roughly 25 percent cheaper than the rest of the United States
- The community was organized in 1909, with the help of John Closner
- It is most commonly known for “Basilica of Our Lady of San Juan” one of the largest churches in the Rio Grande Valley
- San Juan is one of the South’s largest plants for the manufacturing of concrete irrigation pipes
- If you get here on one of the special days, you are invited to “pick grapefruit ” free
- The median household income here is $22,706, and the median family here is $23,314
San Juan Mission Statement: The City of San Juan improves the quality of life for all by providing affordable, consistently reliable, quality services so that its citizens can realize their full potential.
San Juan Vision Statement: An exemplary service provider, the City of San Juan will be a political leader in the region, cultivating local attractions, aesthetics, location and community spirit to become a center for commerce, culture, and recreation.
Getting multiple San Juan home insurance quotes comes down to factors like these:
Did you know? There were 7,719 housing units here as of the 2000 census.
How much will it cost to protect your home?
That will depend on quite a few determining factors. Here are a few questions your InsuranceHub agent will ask:
How much does your home cost? Research shows that as of 2016 the average home here is about $78,300. Do you know the current worth of your house?
How much would it cost to rebuild your house? We suggest that you jot down any upgrades or extras that you might have in your home. For example if you have hard wood floors than tell your agent.
What are the crime statistics for my neighborhood? Did you know that there is a crime rate of 37.10 crimes per one thousand residents here? In fact this is approximately 25% higher than the national average rate. That means your chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in San Juan is 1 in 27. Areavibes.com tells us that the rate for property crime is 31.68 per one thousand population including motor vehicle theft, arson, larceny, and burglary.
What zip code area do you live in?
What weather conditions pose a threat?
- San Juan has a low risk for tornadoes. It averages about zero tornadoes a year.
- It is in a very low risk hurricane zone. Six hurricanes within 150 miles have been recorded since the year 2000. The most recent hurricane was Hermine in 2010.
- Heavy rains can cause flooding from the Oslo creek in the flood plain areas.
- San Juan has a very low earthquake risk, with a total of zero earthquakes since 1931.
Get started with the San Juan home insurance form below or pick up the phone to talk to one of our specialists at (877) 341-5728
How close is your home to a fire department? For every moment it takes the fire truck to get to your home, it could cost you thousands of dollars. You save money the closer you live to the fire department. The good news is that San Juan has a local fire station. You can Google them to find out how close you will be.
Remember this, that your agent will help you to get all of the necessary liability, fire and dwelling coverage for your home. The good thing though is that they will help you get all of the discounts that are available to you. This means you save the most money.
How can InsuranceHub save you on your home insurance quotes?
Our agents are trained to seek out every possible discount available to you. We also have access to a database of all the top insurance carriers in the country, such as:
- Many more
By starting the San Juan home insurance quote form or by calling our agents, you will have the opportunity to speak to a homeowners insurance specialist that will help you to get the best rates possible for your home. They will ask you a few simple questions to help you to get every possible home insurance discount available to you.
PRO TIP: Save up to 25% by combining your auto & home policies. This means you get the best insurance coverage value at the best price.
Some of the top employers in San Juan:
- Pharr-San Juan-Alamo Independent School District
- South Texas Independent School District
- CVS pharmacy
- Auto zone
- Dollar Tree
Be sure to check out these things to do and see in San Juan:
- San Juan Memorial Library
- Camp Native – Birding/Wildlife Viewing
- Letras y Arte
- PSJA Bears Homecoming Parade
If you have made the city that embodies “the spirit of South Texas” your home, then contact InsuranceHub for an affordable homeowners quote in San Juan today.