Buying a home in North Carolina & need Raleigh home insurance quotes?
InsuranceHub can help.
We provide FREE Raleigh home insurance quotes for the “City of Oaks.”
Before we talk insurance, check out these facts about your city:
- Raleigh is the capital of the state of North Carolina, and had a population of 451,066 as of 2015
- As of 2011, Time ranked Raleigh as the third most educated city in the US
- It is named after Sir Walter Raleigh
- It is one of the fastest-growing cities in the USA
- It is an early example of a planned city here in the US
- Raleigh was chosen as the state capital in 1788
- President Andrew Johnson was born here
- It was ranked # 1 America’s Best Places to Live by Businessweek.com in 2011
- It was ranked # 3 for Best Place for Business and Careers by Forbes.com in 2012
- It was ranked # 3 for Best Places for Bargain Retirement Homes by Forbes.com in 2011
- It was ranked # 3 for Best Cities in America for Health and Happiness by EcoSalon in 2012
When you visit Raleigh NC you will clearly see why it is nicknamed the “City of Oaks:” just look around and you will see the many oak trees, which line the streets in the heart of the city.
Getting affordable home insurance quotes in Raleigh depends on many factors:
For starters, did you know that the average home value in Raleigh is $205,200? Any idea of what it will take to protect your home? The following questions will get the ball rolling.
How much will it cost to protect your home?
That will depend on quite a few determining factors. Here are a few:
How much does your home cost? In Raleigh, the average house value is $205,200. How does your own home compare?
How much would it cost to rebuild your house? You are home is unique. Tell your agent about anything special about your home.
What are the crime statistics for your neighborhood? There is currently a crime rate of 30.97 crimes per one thousand people here. This means it is 6% higher than the national average, which also means that your chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is 1 in 34. Areavibes.com tells us that the rate for property crime is 26.86 per one thousand population including motor vehicle theft, arson, larceny, and burglary.
As you can imagine, this will affect your homeowner’s rates depending on what zip code you live in.
What zip code area do you live in?
27601, 27605, 27608, 27609, 27613, 27614, 27615, 27616, 27622, 27623, 27624, 27625, 27602, 27603, 27604, 27606, 27607, 27610, 27611, 27612, 27617, 27619, 27620, 27621, 27626, 27627, 27628, 27629, 27640, 27650, 27656, 27658, 27676, 27690, 27695, 27634, 27635, 27636, 27661, 27668, 27675, 27697, 27698, 27699
Get started with the form below or pick up the phone to talk to one of our specialists at (877) 341-5728
What weather conditions pose a threat?
- Raleigh has a moderate risk for tornadoes. It averages about 1 tornado a year. Back in April 2011, an F-3 tornado hit this town, along with many other tornadoes touched down, killing 24 people.
- On the other hand, it is in a very low-risk hurricane zone. Eleven hurricanes within 150 miles have been recorded since the year 2000. The most recent hurricane was Ana in 2015.
- Heavy rains can cause flooding from the Neuse River in the flood plains.
- Raleigh, NC has a very low earthquake risk, with a total of zero earthquakes since 1931.
How close is your home to a fire department? If your home was on fire how quickly would you want a fire truck to respond? The point is that closer you are to a fire station the faster they can get to your home.
Thankfully, Raleigh has 33 fire stations. You can google them to find out how close you will be.
How can InsuranceHub save you on your rates?
We have access to the top insurance carriers in the country. Insurance companies like:
By starting the Raleigh Home Insurance Quote Form or by calling our agents, you will have the opportunity to speak to a homeowners insurance specialist that will help you to get the best rates possible for your home. They will ask you a few simple questions to help you to get every possible homeowner’s discount available to you. They will also explain how you can save up to 25% by combining your auto policy. This means you get the best insurance coverage value at the best price.
Some of the top employers here in Raleigh:
- State of North Carolina
- Wake County Public School System
- North Carolina State University
- Rex Hospital
- Red Hat
- Wake County
- City of Raleigh
- Progress Energy
- First Citizens BancShares
- Duke Raleigh Hospital
Check out these things to do & see in the Raleigh area:
- African American Cultural Complex
- Contemporary Art Museum of Raleigh
- Gregg Museum of Art & Design at NCSU
- Haywood Hall House & Gardens
- Marbles Kids Museum
- North Carolina Museum of Art
- North Carolina Museum of History
- North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences
- North Carolina Sports Hall of Fame
- City of Raleigh Museum
- J. C. Raulston Arboretum
- Joel Lane House
- Mordecai Plantation
- Montfort Hall
- The Videri Chocolate Factory in the Warehouse District
- Pope House Museum
- Coastal Credit Union Music Park
If you have made the “City of Oaks” your home, then be sure to contact us for an affordable home insurance quote in Raleigh today.