How do I get cheap North Charleston homeowner insurance?
If you’re looking for affordable home insurance in South Carolina, then InsuranceHub can help you by providing several quotes to compare.
InsuranceHub offers affordable homeowner insurance quotes in North Charleston, SC
Did you know these facts about your city?
- North Charleston is the third-largest city in South Carolina, with a population of 108,304 people as of 2015
- It is one of the state’s major industrial centers and is the state’s top city in gross retail sales
- Archdale Hall Plantation dates all the way back 1680
- The Park Circle area was one of the first to be designed and developed, with sections set aside for industrial, commercial, and residential usage
- North Charleston incorporated on June 12, 1972
- In September 1989, Hurricane Hugo caused a total of over $2.8 billion in damage to the South Carolina lowcountry
- It has the nickname “A great place to live, work, and play”
- It chose the motto “Perseverance – Progress – Prosperity”
Getting cheap home insurance quotes in North Charleston, SC comes down to factors like these:
Did you know that the average home value in North Charleston is $142,000? Want to know how much will your home cost to protect? That will depend on quite a few determining factors, such as these:
How much does your home cost? Since the average home here is about $142,000, you can see that it will probably cost less to insure in North Charleston than some of the more expensive homes in South Carolina.
How much would it cost to rebuild your house? That will depend on what your home is made of.
What are the crime statistics for your neighborhood? Unfortunately, North Charleston has a crime rate of 60.35 crimes per one thousand residents: 111% higher than the national average rate.
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in North Charleston is 1 in 17. Areavibes.com tells us that the rate for property crime is 52.99 per one thousand population. This includes motor vehicle theft, arson, larceny, and burglary. As you can imagine, this will affect your homeowner’s rates depending on what zip code you live in.
What zip code area do you live in?
- 29404, 29405, 29406, 29418, 29419, 29420, 29456, 29485
Get the cheapest homeowners insurance in South Carolina
What weather conditions pose a threat?
- North Charleston has a high risk for tornadoes. It averages about 1 tornado a year.
- On the other hand, it is in a very high-risk hurricane zone. Thirteen hurricanes within 150 miles have been recorded since the year 2000. The most recent hurricane was Ana in 2015.
- Heavy rains can cause flooding from the Ashley and the Cooper River in the flood plains.
- It has a moderate earthquake risk, with a total of 64 earthquakes since 1931.
How close is your home to a fire department? Just supposed your house caught fire? How quickly would you want the red fire trucks there? Here is the point. The closer you are to a fire station the less damage you will have!
There are 13 fire stations in this city. You can Google them to find out how close you will be.
How can InsuranceHub save you on your homeowner rates?
The InsuranceHub team has been helping homeowners since 1985. This means you benefit from their experience. So, how does it work?
First, your agent will identify your discounts. Second, they will shop your quote across some of the top insurance carriers in the country.
We’re talking about insurance companies like:
And those are just a few of our go-to carriers. So, why not give us a try? It is simple and easy.
Relocating to North Charleston? Here are some of the top employers in the area:
- Computer Sciences Corporation
- Cummins Turbo Technologies
- Daimler Vans Manufacturing LLC
- Hess Gasoline Distribution Center
- InterContinental Hotels Group
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging
- Robert Bosch Corporation
- Verizon Wireless
- Venture Aerobearings
Things to do & see that our other North Charleston customers enjoy:
- The H.L. Hunley Museum
- The Greater Charleston Naval Memorial
- The North Charleston and American LaFrance Fire Museum and Educational Center
- Patriots Point Naval & Maritime Museum
- North Charleston Coliseum
- South Carolina Stingrays hockey team
- The North Charleston Performing Arts Center
- Danny Jones Complex
- MWV/Kapstone Park
- Northwoods Park
- Park South
- Park Circle
If you have made “a great place to live, work, and play” your home, then contact our agents today for a cheap home insurance quote in North Charleston.