Where can I get cheap Mount Pleasant homeowner insurance?
If you’re looking for cheap home insurance in South Carolina, then InsuranceHub can help you by providing several rates for you to compare.
InsuranceHub offers affordable homeowner insurance quotes in Mt. Pleasant, SC
Before we talk about insurance, did you know these facts about Mount Pleasant?
- Mt. Pleasant is a large suburban town in Charleston County, SC, and has a population of 81,317 in 2015
- It is the fourth-largest municipality in South Carolina
- The median household income was $61,054, and the median family income was $71,165 as of 2000
- It was originally occupied by the Sewee people
- The earliest mention of this location on a map it was called “North Point”
- Part of this area was also referred to as “Abcaw” at one time
- It was the secret training ground for the crew of the Confederate submarine H. L. Hunley
- It became one of the first cities in the US to pass a “pay-before-you-pump” gas ordinance back in 2004
When you visit Mount Pleasant SC you will see why it was recently named by Business Week Magazine as one of the best small cities in the country to start a business. It was based upon:
- Existence of a thriving business community
- Availability of a talented labor pool
- Quality of life
Getting cheap home insurance quotes in Mount Pleasant, SC comes down to factors like these:
As of 2016, the average home value in Mount Pleasant was about $351,500. Let’s figure out how much it will cost to insure your home. We’ve compiled a list of questions your InsuranceHub agent will want you to answer when getting a quote:
How much does your home cost? How does your home’s value compare with the average $351,500 price tag?
How much would it cost to rebuild your house? Your agent will show you how they come to this price.
What are the crime statistics for your neighborhood? There is a crime rate of 17.44 crimes per one thousand residents people here in Mount Pleasant. This is 39% lower than the national average rate.
Your chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is 1 in 58. Areavibes.com tells us that the rate for property crime is 15.79 per one thousand population which includes motor vehicle theft, arson, larceny, and burglary.
Your homeowners rates will also depend on what zip code you live in.
What zip code area do you live in?
- 29464, 29465, 29466
Get the cheapest homeowners insurance in South Carolina
What weather conditions pose a threat?
- Mount Pleasant has a moderate risk for tornadoes. It averages about 1 tornado a year.
- It is in a very high-risk hurricane zone. Sixteen hurricanes within 150 miles have been recorded since the year 2000. The most recent hurricane was Ana in 2015.
- Heavy rains can cause flooding from the Cooper River in the flood plains.
- It has a moderate earthquake risk, with a total of 64 earthquakes since 1931.
How close is your home to a fire station? Did you know that insurance carriers reward you with lower rates when you live near a firehouse? There are 6 fire stations in this town. You can google them to find out how close you will be.
That brings us to the next question you might be wondering about…
How can InsuranceHub save you on your homeowner rates?
Our agents know the tricks of the trade to save you money on your rates. After all, InsuranceHub has been in business since 1985, which means you benefit from all of that experience when you complete our quote form or call for a free quote.
Your agent will help you to get all of the necessary liability, fire and dwelling coverage for your home. Next, they will help you identify every discount available to you to help lower your rates. For example, did you know that you can save up to 25% by combining your home & auto policy?
Finally, our agents will shop your home rates among many of the top insurance carriers in the country. We’re talking about insurance companies like:
And those are just a few of our go-to carriers. So, why not give us a try? It is simple and easy.
Relocating to Mount Pleasant? Here are some of the top employers in the area:
- Joint Base Charleston
- Medical University Of South Carolina
- Boeing Charleston
- Charleston County School District
- Francis Healthcare
- Berkeley County School District
- Dorchester County School District II
- JEM Restaurant Group
- Walmart Inc.
- Robert Bosch Corporation
- Charleston County
- Trident Health System Hospital system
- College Of Charleston
- City of Charleston
- Blackbaud, Inc.
- Publix Supermarkets
Things to do & see that our other Mount Pleasant customers enjoy:
- Pleasant Pier- Cooper River
- Palmetto Islands County Park
- Splash Island at Palmetto Islands County Park
- Laurel Hill County Park
- Future Park—off of Rifle Range Road
- Shem Creek Pier- Shem Creek
- Mount Pleasant Towne Centre
- Belle Hall Shopping Center
- The Market at Oakland
- Sweetgrass Cultural Arts Pavilion
- Boone Hall Plantation
- Patriots Point Naval & Maritime Museum
- Charles Pinckney National Historic Site
- Pleasant Farmers Market
- Charleston National Golf Park
If you have made Business Weeks choice for “one of the best small cities to start a business” your home, then we suggest contacting us today for an affordable homeowner’s quote in Mount Pleasant.