Affordable homeowners insurance rates in Jackson, Tennessee
Jackson is the county seat of Madison County, Tennessee with a population of 66,870 as of 2019. The median individual income was $25,691, and the median household income was $43,621.
When you visit Jackson, you will see why it has been named a "Gig City." Jackson was named a "Gig City" in 2015 because it delivers Internet speeds up to 1 gigabit per second to each home due to the upgrades to its fiber network.
Let's Talk Affordable Home Ownership
Did you know that the average home value in Jackson is $172,517? How much will your home cost to protect? Every home is different. So, here are a few questions your agent will be asking you:
How much does your home cost?
The average home here is about $172,517. What about your home? What is its value?
How much would it cost to rebuild your house?
That will depend on what your home is made of.
What are the crime statistics for my neighborhood?
There is a crime rate of 45.70 crimes per one thousand residents here. That makes it higher than the national average rate. Back in 2010, Morgan Quitno's Metropolitan Crime Rate Rankings named the Jackson metropolitan area as having the 13th-highest crime rate in the United States. Your chance of becoming a victim of a violent crime here is 1 in 97. Areavibes.com tells us that the rate for property crime is 35.39 per one thousand population which includes motor vehicle theft, arson, larceny, and burglary.
What Jackson zip code area do you live in?
What weather conditions pose a threat?
- Jackson has a very high risk for tornadoes. It averages about 2 tornadoes a year in the area. In May 2003 an F4 tornado killed 8 people here.
- On the other hand, it is in a moderate risk hurricane zone. Five hurricanes within 150 miles have been recorded since the year 2000. The most recent hurricane was Katrina in 2005.
- Heavy rains can cause flooding from the South Fork Forked Deer River in the flood plains. Back on May 1, 2010, a severe thunderstorm dropped 13 inches of rain in a short period causing flash floods that destroyed many homes and streets.
- Jackson has a very low earthquake risk, with a total of 20 earthquakes since 1931.
Get started with the Jackson home insurance quote form below or pick up the phone to talk to one of our professionals at (877) 341-5728
How close is your home to a fire department?
The city of Jackson has 14 fire stations in the greater metropolitan area. You can Google them to find out how close you will be. Your agent is standing by to help you to get the necessary liability, fire, and dwelling coverage for your home.
How can InsuranceHub save you on your home insurance quotes?
Our agents are trained to seek out every possible discount available to you. We also have access to a database of all the top insurance carriers in the country, such as:
- Many more
By starting the Jackson home insurance quote form or by calling our agents, you will have the opportunity to speak to a homeowners insurance specialist that will help you to get the best rates possible for your home. They will ask you a few simple questions to help you to get every possible home insurance discount available to you. They will also explain how you can save up to 25% by combining your auto policy. This means you get the best insurance coverage value at the best price.
Top employers in Jackson:
- West Tennessee Healthcare
- Jackson-Madison County School System
- The Kellog Company
- Delta Faucet Company
- City of Jackson
- Union University
- Madison County
- Tennova Healthcare-Regional Jackson
- The Jackson Clinic
- Stanley Black & Decker
Things to do & see nearby:
- International Rock-A-Billy Hall of Fame Museum
- Jackson Generals (Class AA minor league baseball team)
- West Tennessee Healthcare Sportsplex
- Certificate of Excellence
- Rusty's TV and Movie Car Museum
- Casey Jones Village
- Cypress Grove Nature Park
- Pringles Park
- Century Farm Winery
- C.& St. L. Depot and Railroad Museum
If you have made this "Gig City" your home, then contact us today for an affordable home insurance quote in Jackson.