Buying a home in Central Texas & need cheap Harker Heights home insurance quotes?
InsuranceHub can help.
InsuranceHub provides FREE Harker Heights home insurance quotes for “The Bright Star of Central Texas”
Before we talk insurance, did you know these facts about this city?
- Harker Heights is a city in Bell County, Texas with a population of 29,142 as of 2015
- It is the third largest city in Bell County
- Its name comes from one of the two original landowners and founder, Harley Kern
- A large portion of the population here is either directly or indirectly related to the U.S. Army at nearby Fort Hood
- The median income for a household in the city was $59,491
- Harker Heights has the motto: “The Bright Star of Central Texas”
Getting cheap home insurance quotes in Harker Heights depends on many factors:
For starters, did you know that the average home value in Harker Heights is $168,200?
How much will it cost to protect your home?
That will depend on quite a few determining factors. Here are a few:
How much does your home cost? The average home here is about $168,200. How would you say that your home compares to this average value?
How much would it cost to rebuild your house? This will depend on what your home is made of. It also will depend on any upgrades that your home may have.
What are the crime statistics for my neighborhood? Unfortunately, with a crime rate of 30.31 crimes per one thousand residents, it is 6% higher than the national average rate. That means that your chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Harker Heights is 1 in 33. Areavibes.com tells us that the rate for property crime is 27.58 per one thousand population which includes motor vehicle theft, arson, larceny, and burglary.
What zip code area do you live in?
What weather conditions pose a threat?
- Harker Heights has a high risk for tornadoes. It averages about 2 tornadoes a year that cause 1 death each year on the average.
- It is in a moderate risk hurricane zone. Five hurricanes within 150 miles have been recorded since the year 2000. The most recent hurricane was Bill in 2015.
- Heavy rains can cause flooding from the Lampasas River in the flood plain areas.
- Harker Heights has a very low earthquake risk, with a total of zero earthquakes since 1931.
Get started with the form below or pick up the phone to talk to one of our specialists at (877) 341-5728
How close is your home to a fire department? Fires can ravage your home quickly. Doesn’t it make sense that the closer you are to a fire station the less damage you would have? Now you can see why they give you cheaper rates the closer you are!
Thankfully, Harker Heights has 2 fire stations in the area. You can Google their locations to find out how close you will be. Your agent will help you to get the necessary liability, fire and dwelling coverage for your home.
The best part is that the agents here at InsuranceHub are trained to help you get every possible discount to help you get the most affordable policy premium possible.
How can InsuranceHub save you on your rates?
We have access to the top insurance carriers in the country. Insurance companies like:
By starting the Harker Heights home insurance quote form or by calling our agents, you will have the opportunity to speak to a homeowners insurance specialist that will help you to get the best rates possible for your home. They will ask you a few simple questions to help you to get every possible homeowner’s discount available to you. They will also explain how you can save up to 25% by combining your auto policy. This means you get the best insurance coverage value at the best price.
Some of the top employers in Harker Heights, Tx are:
- City of Harker Heights
- Fort Hood
- Civilian Personnel Office
- Central Texas College
Check out these things to do and see in the area:
- Stillhouse Hollow Lake
- Painting with a Twist
- Cinemark at Market Heights
- Boulders Sport Climbing Center
- River Hollow Farm
- Harker Heights Farmers Market
- Carl Levin Park
- Harker Heights Community Garden
- Goode-Connell Park
- Annual Frost Fest
- Dana Peak Park
If you have made “The Bright Star of Central Texas” your new home, then contact us today for an affordable home insurance quote in Harker Heights.