Where do I get cheap Gulfport home insurance?
If you’re looking for cheap homeowners insurance in Mississippi, then InsuranceHub can help you by providing several quotes for you to compare.
Get FREE Gulfport home insurance quotes for the city with the motto “Where Your Ship Comes In”
Before we talk insurance, did you know these facts about this city?
- Gulfport is the second largest city in Mississippi
- It shares the county seat with Biloxi ofHarrison County, Mississippi
- There were 71,856 people living here as of 2015
- It is the home to the US Navy Atlantic Fleet Seabees
- It was incorporated on July 28, 1898
- It was once known as Mississippi City, back in 1855
- It was founded by William H. Hardy, the president of the Gulf and Ship Island Railroad
When you visit Gulfport MS you will very clearly see why its motto is “Where Your Ship Comes In.” You will enjoy the 6.7 miles of white sand beaches along the Gulf of Mexico. As a result ,Gulfport it has become a tourism destination!
Getting cheap home insurance quotes in Gulfport, MS comes down to factors like these:
As of the 2010 Census, there were 31,602 housing units here. Did you know that the average home value here is $120,600? How much will your home cost to protect? Review the questions below before speaking with an agent:
How much does your home cost? How does your home’s value compare to the $120,600 average priced home here?
How much would it cost to rebuild your house? That will depend on what your home is made of.
What are the crime statistics for my neighborhood? Unfortunately, with a crime rate of 53.66 crimes per one thousand residents, it is 88% higher than the national average rate.
You have a 1 in 19 chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here. Areavibes.com tells us that the rate for property crime is 51.09 per one thousand population which includes motor vehicle theft, arson, larceny, and burglary. Your homes zip code will affect your rates as well.
So what zip code area do you live in?
- 39501, 39505, 39506, 3950, 39503, 39507
Get the cheapest home insurance in Mississippi
What weather conditions pose a threat?
- Gulfport has a high risk for tornadoes. It averages about 2 tornadoes a year.
- On the other hand, it is in a very high-risk hurricane zone. Fifteen hurricanes within 150 miles have been recorded since the year 2000. The most recent hurricane was Lee in 2011. Much of the city was flooded or destroyed by Hurricane Katrina back on August 29, 2005.
- Heavy rains can cause flooding from the Brickyard bayou, the Bernard bayou and the Biloxi River in the flood plains.
- It has a very low earthquake risk, with a total of one earthquake since 1931.
How close is your home to a fire department? You can only imagine how fast a fire can spread uncontrolled. The facts are that there are 12 fire stations in this city. You can Google them to find out how close you will be.
How can InsuranceHub save you on your homeowner rates?
Our agents know the tricks of the trade to save you money on your rates. After all, InsuranceHub has been in business since 1985, which means you benefit from all of that experience when you complete our quote form or call for a free quote.
Your agent will help you to get all of the necessary liability, fire and dwelling coverage for your home. Next, they will help you identify every discount available to you to help lower your rates. For example, did you know that you can save up to 25% by combining your home & auto policy?
Finally, our agents will shop your home rates among many of the top insurance carriers in the country. We’re talking about insurance companies like:
And those are just a few of our go-to carriers. So, why not give us a try? It is simple and easy.
Relocating to Gulfport? Here are some of the top employers in the area:
- Naval Construction Battalion Center
- Memorial Hospital
- Harrison County School District
- Island View Casino
- Hancock Bank
- Gulfport School District
- Mississippi Power
- Gulf Coast Shipyard Group
- Gulf Ship, LLC
- Gulfport Combat Readiness Training Center
Things to do & see that our other Gulfport customers enjoy:
- World’s Largest Fishing Rodeo
- Cruisin’ the Coast
- Smokin’ the Sound
- Lynn Meadows Discovery Center
- The Institute for Marine Mammal Studies
- Island View Casino
- Sightseeing Tours and boat tours
- Gulfport Premium Outlets
- Jones Park
- Busted Wrench Garage Museum
- Gulf Islands Water Park
- Mississippi Coast Model Railroad Museum
If you have made the city with the motto “Where Your Ship Comes In” your home, then contact InsuranceHub for an affordable homeowner’s insurance quote in Gulfport.