Affordable homeowners insurance rates in Montgomery, Alabama
Montgomery is the capital of Alabama and the second-largest city in the state. It's the county seat of Montgomery County, with a population of 199,783 as of 2019.
It was voted "Best Historic City" by USA Today. It's been labeled the "Happiest City in Alabama." The city's nickname is the "Birthplace of the Civil Rights Movement."
Let's Talk Affordable Home Ownership
As of 2016, the average home value in Montgomery is $116,958. First, we'll explain about protecting your home with the right amount of insurance. Here are a few questions our agents will ask you:
How much does your home cost?
How does your home's value compare to the average house value of $116,958 here?
How much would it cost to rebuild your house?
Your agent will help you to figure this out. Tell them about some of the upgrades that you might have.
What are the crime statistics for your neighborhood?
There is a crime rate of 46.51 crimes per one thousand residents. This is 65% higher than the national average. This means that you have a 1 in 22 chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here. Areavibes.com tells us that the rate for property crime is 40.52 per one thousand population which includes motor vehicle theft, arson, larceny, and burglary.
What zip code area do you live in?
36102, 36103, 36104, 36107, 36108, 36111, 36112, 36101, 36105, 36106, 36109, 36110, 36113, 36114, 36115, 36116, 36118, 36119, 36124, 36125, 36117, 36120, 36121, 36123, 36130, 36133, 36135, 36140, 36142, 36191, 36131, 36132, 36134, 36141, 36177
What weather conditions pose a threat to your house?
- Montgomery has a very high risk for tornadoes. It averages about 2 tornadoes a year.
- On the other hand, it is in a very low-risk hurricane zone. Thirteen hurricanes within 150 miles have been recorded since 2000. The most recent hurricane was Lee in 2011.
- Heavy rains can cause flooding from the Alabama river in the flood plain areas.
- Montgomery has a very low earthquake risk, with a total of zero earthquakes since 1931.
How close is your home to a fire department?
One fire can cause thousands of dollars in smoke, water and fire damage to your home. That is why it is imperative to be located close to a fire station. There are 6 fire stations in this town. Why not google them to find out how close you will be?
How can InsuranceHub save you money on your homeowner rates?
Our agents know the tricks of the trade to save you money on your rates. After all, InsuranceHub has been in business since 1985, which means you benefit from all of that experience when you complete our quote form or call for a free quote.
Your agent will help you to get all of the necessary liability, fire, and dwelling coverage for your home. Next, they will help you identify every discount available to you to help lower your rates. For example, did you know that you can save up to 25% by combining your home & auto policy?
Finally, our agents will shop your home rates among many of the top insurance carriers in the country. We're talking about insurance companies like:
And those are just a few of our go-to carriers. So, why not give us a try? It is simple and easy.
Top employers in the area
- Maxwell Gunter Air Force Base
- State of Alabama
- Montgomery Public Schools
- Baptist Health
- Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama
- ALFA Insurance Companies
- City of Montgomery
- MOBIS Alabama
- Jackson Hospital & Clinic
- Koch Foods
- Wind Creek Casino & Hotel Wetumpka
- Rheem Water Heaters
- GKN Aerospace
- Baptist Medical Center South
- Regions Bank
- S. Postal Service
- Montgomery County Commission
- Creek Casino Montgomery
- Glovis Alabama
- Alabama State University
- EGS (Expert Global Solutions, Inc.)
- Alabama Power Company
- Central AL Veterans Health Care System
Things to do in the area
- Watch the Montgomery Biscuits play minor league baseball
- Lagoon Park
- Gateway Par
- Cramton Bowl Stadium and Multiplex
- Emory Folmar Soccer Facility
- The Wynton M. Blount Cultural Park
- Montgomery Zoo
- Museum of Alabama
- Hank Williams Museum
- Alabama Shakespeare Festival's Carolyn Blount Theatre
- Montgomery Symphony Orchestra
- Montgomery Ballet
- Yokohama Tire LPGA Classic women's golf event
- Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald Museum
If you have made the "Birthplace of the Civil Rights Movement" your home, then contact InsuranceHub for a cheap homeowner's quote in Montgomery today.