Affordable homeowners insurance rates in Charlotte, North Carolina
Charlotte is the largest city in the state of North Carolina with a population of 2,132,000. It's the second largest city in the southeastern US. Charlotte is the county seat of Mecklenburg County. It's the second largest banking headquarters in the US after New York City.
Charlotte has been nicknamed the "The Queen City " or "The QC." It was named in honor of German princess Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, who had become the Queen Consort of Great Britain and Ireland in 1761.
Let's Talk Affordable Home Ownership
Do you know the average property values for Charlotte? The most recent estimates report that the average home value in your area is $338,564. What will it take to protect your home? Let's figure it out together, shall we?
How much will it cost to protect your home?
That will depend on quite a few determining factors. Here are a few:
How much does your home cost?
Since the average home here is about $338,564, you can see that it will probably cost more to insure in Charlotte than some of the less expensive homes in North Carolina.
How much would it cost to rebuild your house?
That will depend on what your home is made of.
What are the crime statistics for your neighborhood?
The crime rate here is 41.61 crimes per one thousand residents. This is 55% higher than the national average. You have a 1 in 148 chance of becoming a victim of a violent crime here.
Areavibes.com tells us that the rate for property crime is 34.85 per one thousand population which includes motor vehicle theft, arson, larceny, and burglary.
What Charlotte zip code area do you live in?
28201, 28202, 28203, 28204, 28205, 28206, 28211, 28212, 28213, 28214, 28219, 28220, 28221, 28222, 28223, 28207, 28208, 28209, 28210, 28215, 28216, 28217, 28218, 28224, 28226, 28227, 28231, 28232, 28233, 28234, 28235, 28243, 28244, 28246, 28247, 28255, 28256, 28265, 28266, 28269, 28270, 28271, 28272, 28273, 28274, 28275, 28228, 28229, 28230, 28236, 28237, 28241, 28242, 28250, 28253, 28254, 28258, 28260, 28262, 28263, 28277, 28278, 28280, 28281, 28282, 28289, 28290, 28296, 28284, 28285, 28287, 28288, 28297, 28299
Get started with the Charlotte home insurance form below or pick up the phone to talk to one of our specialists at (877) 341-5728
What weather conditions pose a threat?
- Charlotte has a high risk for tornadoes. It averages about 1 tornado a year.
- On the other hand, it is in a very low-risk hurricane zone. Four hurricanes within 150 miles have been recorded since the year 2000. The most recent hurricane was Alberto in 2006. Back in 1989, it took a direct hit from Hurricane Hugo with wind gusts of 87 mph.
- Heavy rains can cause flooding from the Sugar Creek and Irwin Creek in the flood plain areas.
- It has a very low earthquake risk, with a total of 1 earthquake since 1931.
How close is your home to a fire department?
Since every moment counts when your home is burning, doesn't it make sense that the closer you are to a fire station the less destruction there will be?
Thankfully Charlotte has 42 fire stations to protect your family and your home. You can Google them to find out how close you will be.
How can InsuranceHub save you on your home insurance quotes?
Our agents are trained to seek out every possible discount available to you. We also have access to a database of all the top insurance carriers in the country, such as:
- Many more
By starting the Charlotte home insurance quote form or by calling our agents, you will have the opportunity to speak to a homeowners insurance specialist that will help you to get the best rates possible for your home. They will ask you a few simple questions to help you to get every home insurance discount available to you.
PRO TIP: Save up to 25% by combining your auto & home policies. This means you get the best insurance coverage value at the best price.
Relocating to Charlotte? Top area employers:
- Carolinas Healthcare System
- Wells Fargo
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools
- Bank of America
- Novant Health
- American Airlines
- Harris Teeter
- Duke Energy
Things to do & see in Charlotte:
- Bechtler Museum of Modern Art
- Billy Graham Library
- Carolinas Aviation Museum
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Fire Education Center and Museum
- Charlotte Nature Museum
- Charlotte Trolley Museum
- Discovery Place
- Discovery Place KIDS-Huntersville
- Harvey B. Gantt Center for African-American Arts + Culture
- Historic Rosedale Plantation
- Levine Museum of the New South
- The Light Factory
- McColl Center for Visual Art
- Mint Museum
- NASCAR Hall of Fame
- Second Ward Alumni House Museum
- Wells Fargo History Museum
- Charlotte Museum of History
- Actor's Theatre of Charlotte
- Blumenthal Performing Arts Center
- Charlotte Ballet
- Charlotte Symphony Orchestra
- Charlotte Shakespeare
- North Carolina Music Factory
- Opera Carolina
- The Robot Johnson Show
- Carolina Renaissance Festival
- Charlotte Zoo
If you have made "The Queens City" your home, then contact InsuranceHub today for an affordable home insurance quote in Charlotte.