Buying a home in Alabama & need affordable Birmingham home insurance quotes?
InsuranceHub can help.
We can provide you with FREE Birmingham home insurance quotes for “The Diverse City.”
But, before we talk insurance, did you know these facts about Birmingham?
- Birmingham is the most populous city in Alabama with a population of 212,461 as of 2015
- Did you know it is the county seat of Jefferson County?
- Did you know that it was founded in 1871?
- Did you know that it was named for Birmingham, England, a major industrial city?
- It earned its nicknames “The Magic City” and “The Pittsburgh of the South” during the iron and steel production growth period up to 1920
- It is one of the largest banking centers in the USA
- While imprisoned in April 1963 for having taken part in a nonviolent protest, Dr. Martin Luther King wrote the now famous “Letter from Birmingham Jail”
- The Visitor’s Bureau selected “the diverse city” as a new tag line for the city in 2006
- Highland Park, a neighborhood in Birmingham, was named as America’s Great Place by the American Planning Association in 2011
- The International World Game Executive Committee selected Birmingham as the host for the 2021 World Games
Getting cheap home insurance quotes in Franklin depends on many factors:
As of the 2000 census, there were 11,927 housing units here and the average home cost was about $86,100. Now you’re curious about what your own home will cost to insure, aren’t you? Let’s discuss a few questions your agent will need to know to get you your rates:
How much does your home cost? The typical home here is about $86,100. How does your home’s price compare to that?
How much would it cost to rebuild your house? If your house burned down to the ground, what would it take to rebuild you from scratch?
What are the crime statistics for your neighborhood? As of 2016, there is a crime rate of 81.05 crimes per one thousand here. This makes it 183% higher than the national rate. In simple terms, that means that you have a 1 in 13 chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime. The rate for property crime is 63.59 per one thousand people according to Areavibes.com. By the way, this includes motor vehicle theft, arson, larceny, and burglary.
Did you know that your zip code affects your insurance rates too?
What Birmingham zip code area do you live in?
35206, 35207, 352083, 5209, 35201, 35202, 35203, 35204, 35205, 35210, 35211, 5212, 35213, 35214, 35217, 35215, 35216, 35218, 35219, 35221, 5222, 35223, 35228, 35232, 35233, 35234, 35235, 35236, 35237, 35238, 35243, 35246, 35249, 35220, 35224, 35226, 35229, 35231, 35242, 35244, 35253, 35260, 35261, 35254, 35255, 35259, 35266, 35282, 35287, 35288, 35291, 35292, 35295, 35298, 35283, 35285 ,35290, 35293, 35294, 35296, 35297
By the way, here are some of the suburbs we provide free quotes for:
- Vestavia Hills
- Mountain Brook
- Center Point
- Pleasant Grove
Get started with the Birmingham home quote form below or pick up the phone to talk to one of our specialists at (877) 341-5728
What weather conditions pose a threat to your house?
- First of all, Birmingham has a very high risk for tornadoes. It averages about 3 tornadoes a year. The greater Birmingham area has been hit by two F5 tornadoes; and one F4 tornado since 1977.
- On the other hand, it is in a very low-risk hurricane zone. Eight hurricanes within 150 miles have been recorded since the year 2000. The most recent hurricane was Lee in 2011.
- Heavy rains can cause flooding from Village Creek in the flood plain areas.
- It has a very low earthquake risk, with a total of 25 earthquakes since 1931.
How close is your home to a fire department? If your house was on fire how quickly would you want the fire department to respond? Every moment counts when your home is burning. That is why you get lower rates when you are near a fire house. Since a fire can ravage your home quickly, doesn’t it make sense that the closer you are to a fire station the less damage you would have? Now you can see why they give you cheaper rates the closer you are!
Currently, there are 56 fire stations here. You can search online to see where the closest one is to you.
How can InsuranceHub save you on your rates?
We have access to the top insurance carriers in the country. Insurance companies like:
By starting the Birmingham home insurance quote form or by calling our agents, you will have the opportunity to speak to a homeowners insurance specialist that will help you to get the best rates possible for your home. They will ask you a few simple questions to help you to get every possible homeowner’s discount available to you. They will also explain how you can save up to 25% by combining your auto policy. This means you get the best insurance coverage value at the best price.
Some of the top employers here in Birmingham:
- University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Regions Financial Corporation
- Vincent’s Health System
- Honda Manufacturing of Alabama, LLC
- Baptist Health System, Inc.
- Alabama Power Company
- Children’s Health System/Children’s of Alabama
- Mercedes‐Benz U.S. International, Inc.
- Blue Cross‐Blue Shield of Alabama
- BBVA Compass
- Brookwood Medical Center
- American Cast Iron Pipe Company
- S. Steel‐Fairfield Works
- Southern Company Services
- Marshall Durbin Food Corporation
Things to do & see in the area:
- Alabama Symphony Orchestra
- Birmingham Ballet
- The historic Alabama Theatre
- Alabama Jazz Hall of Fame
- Birmingham Civil Rights Institute.
- Oak Mountain Amphitheater
- Sidewalk Moving Picture Festival
- Birmingham Museum of Art
- Southern Museum of Flight
- Bessemer Hall of History
- Sloss Furnaces National Historic Landmark,
- Alabama Museum of Health Sciences
- McWane Science Center
- Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum
- Taste of 4th Avenue Jazz Festival
- The Birmingham Folk Festival
- Joe Minter’s African Village in America
- The Southern Heritage Festival
- Red Mountain in Vulcan Park
- Birmingham Zoo
- Birmingham Botanical Gardens
If you have made “the diverse city” your home, then contact us today for an affordable home insurance quote in Birmingham.